Crazy small NSV, but I'll take it!!

Options
So today makes 14 days I have been on MFP. I know many of you are thinking, "really? 14 days? She's proud of 14 days?" but 2 weeks is HUGE for me. I have always had weight issues. I have always "dieted" but I have never said to myself, "Alright fatty, time to get healthy instead of skinny." Until 2 weeks ago. I have always quit around day 8. It was too hard. I was too hungry. I didn't see results fast enough. I would stay within the calories I was allowed but they were always bad calories. I could justify a burger, fries and sweet tea as long as I was under my caloric intake. I was also always hungry. When I decided to get healthy, I started planning my meals. Not only am I eating better, healthier meals, I'm saving money, and who doesn't like saving money? =) My exercise routine is not what I'd like it to be but I am doing, at minimum, 30 minutes of exercise that makes me sweat (I don't sweat easy either, which is just weird) but plan to slowly up that as the days go by. I am very seldom hungry but never am I so full I think I may pop. I have had one fast food take out meal in 2 weeks. I feel a million times better just because of the better food choices I make. So, YAY ME and my 2 weeks!!!! =)

Replies

• missinghiseyes
    Options
    I know that exact feeling. Keep it up and you'll surprise yourself even more! So happy for you! : o )
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    That's a great NSV! Own it!
  • mrsricta
    Options
    Celebrate EVERY victory!!!! Every time you stick with something, make a good decision, or do something YOU are proud of enjoy it!!! You earned it!
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It is taking one day at a time and finding out what works for you. Even if you have a bad day, always know that you can start again. Keep it going!
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    congrats!! this is an awesome start to a new life!
  • fusion777
    fusion777 Posts: 197
    Options
    Awesome nsv!! Now just keep adding one more day everyday. You are doing great!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Proud of you! Great work in your first two weeks at mfp. It is quite addicting :) -- so the longer you stay, the easier it will be to want to keep at it!
  • amham11
    amham11 Posts: 16
    Options
    14 days is a big deal! I know what you mean about never making it past about day 8..... so be PROUD of two weeks!!
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    keep up the good work!
  • DMV_Spicegirl
    Options
    Kudos to you, i can definitely relatebeing a serial quitter myself im coming up on 2 weeks myself so I appreciate you patting yourself on the back for a job well done.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    That is worth being proud of. Keep up the good work. You can make it happen by sticking with those changes.
  • Hoop4la
    Hoop4la Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    That is no small NSV - that is massive ! well done :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!