Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    That's what she said™
  • chokeslam512
    chokeslam512 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Toss them in hot sauce then roast in toaster oven for a few minutes.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Well, if you want to un-bore your nuts, you can get some mascarpone cheese, dark chocolate (I prefer Lindt) and put some of the mascarpone on the chocolate and top it with walnuts. All kinds of good fat!! And it is delicious!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I am a HUGE fan of Wasabi Soy almonds.
    I do love cashews, peanuts, pistachios and pecans as well.

Ok... so I am a fan of nuts!
  • heatherpg47
    heatherpg47 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I like the blue diamond butter toffee nuts. They are still roasted,not covered in sugar or "holiday nuts" 160 cal per 1oz.
  • BCSMama
    BCSMama Posts: 348
    Options
    I love nuts! Put them in pancakes (I add pecans to Greek yogurt pancakes), try making your own granola and adding a lot of chopped nuts and seeds. I also like berries with Greek yogurt topped with chopped pecans or walnuts and a drizzle of honey. I also add cashews or peanuts to Asian dishes like fried rice, stir fries and curries. You can also add nut butters to tons of stuff; I love a tbs of peanut butter in my oatmeal sometimes, or on a rice cake and then drizzled with honey.
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Well I think so any way :smile:

I am in maintenance, and the condition of my hair seems to be deteriorating. I suspect that this may be due to me not hitting my daily fat macro. I eat fish but not meat, and am trying to increase my fat intake healthilly, and to this end, I have started eating nuts.

I have just finished a 40g bag of hazelnuts and found them truely uninspiring.

Any tips on how to make them more interesting without upping the calorie intake significantly.

Oh, and keep it clean :wink:

Took the fun out of my response....

Try adding them to salads and other snacks. I am personally addicted to Blue Diamond Almonds... Oven roasted in Sea Salt or the Dark Chocolate ones.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I am a HUGE fan of Wasabi Soy almonds.
    I do love cashews, peanuts, pistachios and pecans as well.

Ok... so I am a fan of nuts!
    These are the devil!!
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I agree. Nuts are totally boring. I have to have mixes to keep it interesting enough for me. Here's my favorite:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/10801070?adid=22222222227010342374&wmlspartner=wlpa&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=&wl3=18143851870&wl4=&wl5=pla&veh=sem

expensive to buy that brand though, easy to make the same mix yourself!
  • ClaireTrev
    Options
    I wish I had your problem! Haha. I'm addicted to almonds.

How about Avocado instead? Or smoked salmon on some flaxseed crackers - double dose of omega 3 there.

Have you tried tamari roasted almonds? They're amazing.

What about making muesli bars and/or muesli that contains a mix of nuts?

You could add almond meal to baking.

What about making a homemade pesto? Skip the cheese if you want to make it healthier.

I add toasted walnuts or pine nuts to salads and pastas.. yummy.

Hope that helps!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Put them in your mouth and hum. That always adds a little something.
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Have a different sort of nut each day, and try them in different mixes. Mix them with dried fruit or eat them with cheese. Toss them in spices (curry powder or chilli powder, cinnamon, pepper or paprika) or sprinkle them with sugar (or roast them into spices or sugar, maple syrup or other syrups to make it stick better). Scatter them on salads or through stir-fries or add them to rice. Bake nuts or seeds into bread. Add them to your breakfast cereal.
  • mommamellymac
    mommamellymac Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I love to mix almonds and cranberries in a bag and let the cranberries basically just cover the almonds in their yumminess!
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I add an ounce or more of walnuts or pecans to every salad. The crunch is awesome. I add either to any pancakes or oatmeal or yogurt as well. Make a trail mix with dried fruit and nuts and a few chocolate chunks. So good.
  • margi45
    Options
    1. Try cashews. Also, try adding a handful of chopped walnuts to salads and rice dishes. Cook the rice and when you take the pan off the burner stir in a handful of chopped walnuts or slivered almonds before serving (I also sometimes add a small handful of dried cranberries too).
  • Ythiel
    Ythiel Posts: 14
    Options
    Mmm, nuts with a few spices thrown on them. Yummy! Besides, you can choose how to spice them up yourself!

(I enjoy ground paprika)
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Avocados
    Macadamia nuts aren't so bad either. A bit dense but they have ample amounts of fiber too. I'm not a terrible fan of hazelnuts. I do like walnuts, pecans, cashews and pistachios though. Brazil nuts are pretty good too, but I hear you can OD on selenium (?) so I don't eat them too much, but it would be my exclusive nut if I could
  • alschultz33
    alschultz33 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I grind up almonds and put them on different foods like salads. I've heard some people put them in cottage cheese with some fruit (never tried it but it sounds tasty). I also like grinding up pecans and making pecan crusted chicken (so delicious).

I generally snack on almonds, but I really have to be in the mood or super hungry to want to eat them.