How long do you leave it after a workout to eat something?

Options
13»

Replies

• mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I like to have chips and dip on the treadmill so I don't go in to starvation mode while I'm running.

omg HAHAAHAHA
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    but yeah, usually 20-60 mins after :)
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Yoda told me to eat yogurt right after a workout, who am I to argue with Yoda ?
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    nutrient timing is irrelavent

This

That said I'm always hungry right after training so that's when I eat.

Nutrient timing is irrevelant with regard to weight loss but many suggest that for muscle development and weight training, eating carbs before (for energy) and protein during and/or immediately after will help with muscle repair.

^someone gets it
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Within 30 mins and its usually packed with a lot of protein as well as good carbs
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious is all.

I usually work out later in the evening so I don't get home until around 11:00PM. I don't like to eat that late at night so I typically won't have anything again until breakfast the following morning (around 7:30AM on most days).
  • chosengiver
    chosengiver Posts: 1,493
    Options
    I like to have chips and dip on the treadmill so I don't go in to starvation mode while I'm running.

ABSOLUTELY ^^^THIS^^^
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Your body is primed to receive energy and nutrients right after a workout. I look for something with a lot of protein and eat it as soon as possible.
    False.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    An hour or two generally. It's not a hard & fast rule. Just that usually I work out, I'm hungry, I eat.
  • killer15081
    Options
    I usually eat a protein shake .15 to 30 minutes after workout ,that's the best time when your body is craving nutrients to build muscle and replenish .also drink a lot of water throughout the day boost metabolism !
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    yeah i dont worry too much about this either.

i've had workouts start at 10pm...with work the next morning. be farked if i'm gunna put down an entire meal at midnight when im done. plus it's after 10pm... :P

but before that workout through the day i will have hit my macro's sufficiently in prep for said workout.
    and like chris, BCAA's throughout a session like that!! and before bed...and a drink bottle next to bed :P
    then i'm also an IF'er (2pm-10pm), so more of them in the morning...sipping until lunch cause its dayum tatsty!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Now you guys really got me thinking whether I should be chuggin some bcaa's intraworkout.
  • mrdjmo
    mrdjmo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I try to leave it an hour but if im hungry I just eat lol
  • chosengiver
    chosengiver Posts: 1,493
    Options
    BCAAs afterwards but for DOMS, not because I'm starving.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Um, I am usually thirsty so I drink lots post workout. Eating, if I have some cals left in my allowance and I am actually hungry, then it could be straight after to many hours after. Depends on how I feel and if I have used up all my allowance for that day : )
  • sophasaurusxx
    Options
    I usually eat within an hour of going to the gym, i drnk lots of water whilst at the gym, im just not hungry when i get home u till an hour later :smile: