@ Ladies

Options
soon i will start taking birth control pills for the first time. not that i need them (forever alone) but in order to get my period back. maybe my boobies will grow too. fingers crossed!
so girls, did you notice any change on your body after taking them? Some people say you gain weight (i know it's not because of the pills, eating makes you gain weight). but what about appetite?
and did any of you use them to get the period back? because i lost it 5 months ago due to calorie restricted diet (no anorexia, 1500 kcal daily is still restricted) and workouts.

Replies

• toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    Hmm, no, didn't notice any of that. What I did notice is that it was a *very* effective product - once the libido has tanked you never need to worry about getting pregnant since sexy time is the farthest thing from your mind.
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    My weight problems began after I was put on the pill as a teen for my acne!

I tried about four different pills over six years and I kept gaining more each time I changed pill.

I had to come off a new one last summer because I gained 10lbs within one month and it took me four months to lose it!

They are great, however, for regulating periods & increasing breast fullness!
  • Matt_Wilken
    Options
    sexy time is the farthest thing from your mind.

Dealbreaker^
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    sexy time is the farthest thing from your mind.

Dealbreaker^

Yeah might as well go amish
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    My weight problems began after I was put on the pill as a teen for my acne!

I tried about four different pills over six years and I kept gaining more each time I changed pill.

I had to come off a new one last summer because I gained 10lbs within one month and it took me four months to lose it!

They are great, however, for regulating periods & increasing breast fullness!

omg girl you scared me :(
  • BellaFe
    BellaFe Posts: 323
    Options
    I was on the pill for 5 years and I didn't notice any weight gain at all. The only thing that got worse for me was my emotional state just before my TOM

ETA: Everybody will have different reactions, just because someone gained all kinds of weight does not mean you will. Don't worry, research the pill you want to go on and try it out and see how it affects you.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I gained weight when I started them, so did several women that I know and have discussed this very topic with. Its not much, like maybe 5 or so pounds. My girlfriend was rail thin forever then started the pill then grew these big ol boobies. lucky her!
  • Matt_Wilken
    Options
    I was on the pill for 5 years and I didn't notice any weight gain at all. The only thing that got worse for me was my emotional state just before my TOM

Another dealbreaker^

Is it even worth it?
  • Natashaa1991
    Options
    i prefer using different type of protection.
    but i kinda have to because my mom's gynecologist said that it's the only way to get my period back.
  • Natashaa1991
    Options
    My girlfriend was rail thin forever then started the pill then grew these big ol boobies. lucky her!

pray for me!
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I've been on birthpills for approx 17 years now...
    I didn't have any changes.... only that I know when my periods will strike!

Though... I had to change the pill type maybe 3 times to find the one that suites me best. Some gave me morning sickness!
    I am now on Triquilar. (Formerly known as Triphasil)

I even tried Depo-Provera, which is a shot once every 12 weeks. Loved it! You never get periods! I have stopped cause back then we planned to have kids and you have to wait a year after you have stopped to try and get pregnant.
    Plans are changing and thinking to go back with it.... but even though I didn't took any weight at the time.. I am afraid I will now!
  • BellaFe
    BellaFe Posts: 323
    Options
    Yes it was worth it. So what I was a little weepy at commercials? It wasn't like a was a psycho ***** lol Now my tubes are tied so I don't have to worry about all that nonsense.
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    Why do you want your periods back? i like not having periods. I was on the pill for a while and didn't notice any weight gain. :) I currently have the implant, best thing I ever did. :smile: :smile:
  • bananapancakebella
    Options
    I was on seasonale and gained 30 pounds plus had huge emotional mood swings. This was 6+ years ago. Have been on yaz for 5 years now, no side effects at all. Weight came off within weeks of quitting seasonale. My moods are normal, I have a great libido and zero acne.
  • millipedey
    Options
    I put on a stone after starting birth control pills and I think it's because they increased my appetite but I have lost some of it since, and they don't affect everyone.
  • lucyford22
    lucyford22 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm on the pill. I hate it...like an above poster commented, my libido has tanked. I much rather prefer other methods but I am lacking health insurance right now so it's the cheapest option for me right now. But to answer your question, it definitely regulated my anything but regular periods. It's like clockwork now. I did not notice weight gain associated with the pill, nor changes in mood. I recently was off the pill for a few months when I could afford the ring and I felt like a new woman...with a healthy sex drive.
  • Natashaa1991
    Options
    Why do you want your periods back? i like not having periods. I was on the pill for a while and didn't notice any weight gain. :) I currently have the implant, best thing I ever did. :smile: :smile:

having period is natural and i am very concerned because i haven't had it for 5 months. i don't want this diet and fitness thing to make an impact on my ability to give birth in future :(
  • runningwoodpecker
    Options
    Hmm, no, didn't notice any of that. What I did notice is that it was a *very* effective product - once the libido has tanked you never need to worry about getting pregnant since sexy time is the farthest thing from your mind.

Oh my god totally, the pill really ruins your libido. from 3 times a day to 3 times a month - if that. (sorry for TMI)

Also, terrible mood swings, anxiety etc for me (I was on Menez) but no effect on weight.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Though... I had to change the pill type maybe 3 times to find the one that suites me best. Some gave me morning sickness!

I was put on BC when I was around 15 because my periods were so heavy/severe that I'd be bedridden for 4 days and lose enough blood to pass out on a regular basis. Sucked. I went off them when I was around 19 because I got the morning sickness with every single type I tried, it was ridiculous, 5+ diff. types and each one made me very nauseous all day after I took it or made me puke outright within 2 hours. UGH. I got so sick of, well, being sick all the time! Since then I've wanted to go back on them a few times but I'm so scared of going through all that again. :(
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options

Another dealbreaker^

Is it even worth it?

NO! Between the lack of drive and the other side effects, I think I may just deal with my own special crazy two times a month and feel good that I'm not adding more hormones into my already hormonally challenged body. *sigh*