What are your measurements? Being called a liar!

Options

Replies

• pummzie
    pummzie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i think it's a bit of the old green-eye.... we are the same weight but you're a lot smaller round the middle - gives me something to aim for!
  • Bfrank0926
    Bfrank0926 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5, 190lbs
    Bust:38 (34 under chest)
    Waist:32
    Hips 45
  • queenhiphop
    queenhiphop Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    So, after writing a frank and honest blog post about my weight, bf % and measurements, I've had people say that I must be lying about my hip and waist measurements. e.g. "I'm 30 lbs lighter you and my measurements are bigger, it's just not possible!"

I'm 5ft 5, weigh 14 stone and my hips are 41 inches, my chest (under bust) is 34 inches and my waist is 31.5 inches.

Please someone else who is around my weight and hight tell me they have the same-ish measurements!

my waist is 33 inches, my hips 45 inches, bust is 40 inches and i'm 14 stone 6 lbs. so it sounds about right
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    So, after writing a frank and honest blog post about my weight, bf % and measurements, I've had people say that I must be lying about my hip and waist measurements. e.g. "I'm 30 lbs lighter you and my measurements are bigger, it's just not possible!"

I'm 5ft 5, weigh 14 stone and my hips are 41 inches, my chest (under bust) is 34 inches and my waist is 31.5 inches.

Please someone else who is around my weight and hight tell me they have the same-ish measurements!

sorry i cant help as i am 5ft 5, 9stone 3 (129lbs) and i am 32, 28, 39 so only a couple of inches smaller all round but nearly 4 stone ligher. i dont think you're lying though, everyone is built differently!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I can't tell you I have similar measurements (I'm shorter and lighter than you are), but muscle vs. fat, frame and body type all play into those things, so it's impossible to compare those things. Height and weight are pretty much meaningless.

If you say those are your measurements, I believe you.
  • TOMEKA18
    TOMEKA18 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are in shape to me...I am on my way to being healthy, fine,fab what ever you want to call it.
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Current Measurements:

• Neck: 12"
    • Shoulder Width: 39"
    • Bust: 31" ( A cup.... :frown: )
    • Upper arms: 10.5"
    • Forearms: 8.5"
    • Wrists: 6"
    • Narrowest part of elbows: 2"
    • Waist: 26" (Under rib cage, in the middle)
    • Hips: 34" (widest part)
    • Waist to hip ratio: 0.7
    • Upper thighs: 20"

- Pant Size: 5
    - Shirt size (t-shirts, tops, sweaters, jackets, coats, ect): Extra small

Rough estimate for percentages:

• Body Fat: 24.56% (I think..)
    • Goal fat: 18% -19%
    • Lean body mass: 73.1Lbs (I think...)
    • Body fat weight: 24.9Lbs (I think...)
    • BMI:18 (Underweight...)
  • dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    Options
    dont worry about what other people say...other people suck!

i see all the time people who weight much more than me but wear a smaller size in clothes...i dont believe they are lying....

everyone has their own body, its different to anyone elses...
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Although I weight less my hips are larger, but thats my body shape!

I'm 5'6" and weight 13 stone (ish) My hips are 44" and waist 34.5" chest 32" (I am clearly pear shaped)

ed. what does it matter, these people need to understand we are all different
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options

That site is great! It is amazing the difference of women who are the same height and weight, but look totally different. Some of them my size look huge and others don't look overweight at all.
  • hoosierlad
    hoosierlad Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I believe you. If you are in better shape than most, you have more muscle and less fat...the fat isn't setting on the key points. I went through same once, where people were telling me I was losing too much weight, but still 20 pounds more than I wanted to weigh. Geez, some peeps on here :-)
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5, 190lbs
    Bust:38 (34 under chest)
    Waist:32
    Hips 45

by comparison- I am one inch taller and 7 lbs heavier, so close to same ratio,
    but I am
    48 bust (36 under)
    41 waist
    41 hips
    my thighs are only 22, so I carry everything in my midsection. (I really want your waist!)

we would look quite different standing next to each other!
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    all of our measurements are going to be different. muscle and fat weigh differently, everyone has different storage spots, smaller or larger bones or wider set hips, it is all so variable. i personally have trouble getting below a 27 inch waist even at my thinnest. others have no trouble with that. my hips are pretty small too (36) but i'm just happy to be getting smaller
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    Haters gonna hate...

We're all different and carry weight in different ways, put on muscle and fat in different ways. There are outliers in any human measurement of anything!
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Seem pretty normal to me, I wish I had your waist. I'm 5'5", 42 hips, 36-37 waist, about 159 lbs. I started with 44 hips and 38 waist and only about 2 -4 lbs heavier, I was retaining water when I started. Anyway, my scale hasn't moved in a week and a half, but I lost those 2 inches of fat on the hips and some on the waist, the waist is my problem area and is always the last to go. My arms are slimmer as are my legs. I have been doing up to 10 miles of cycling and step aerobics. My legs look great! I have gained LOTS of muscle, lost fat, no weight change to speak of. Muscles are smaller and denser then fat. I have been thinner and squishier and weighed alot less.
  • mrshoneydew
    Options
    Height: 5' 5"
    Weight: 158 lbs (around 11 stone)
    Chest: 36 inches
    Waist: 29.5 inches
    Hips: 37 inches

I wear around a size 8/10 depending on the maker. But then you have my friend who is slightly taller than me, has a smaller waist, but wider hips and wears around a 12/14. Then you have the actress Nikki Blonsky (who played Tracy Turnblad on Broadway's Hairspray) who is around 4' 10" and is reported to have the measurements 36-28-36 but is considered to be Plus-Sized. Her measurements are smaller than mine, she probably wears a smaller size than me, but she appears larger because of her height.

See? No body is created equal.
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I don't know what the pounds conversion of stones is... but I'm shorter, 5'2" and 150ish pounds right now and mine are 38-30-40. People are always like "no way! You don't look 150lbs!" when I tell them my weight, never been called a "liar" though!
  • Sweet_Pea0107
    Options
    I am 5'6" 144lbs and my measurements are bust(fullest part):36 waist:25 hips:36. I have also been called a liar lol. My bodyfat% is around 18%. Measurements are not only about the number on the scale. Someone with more LBM can look smaller and weigh more than someone with a lower body weight but less LBM.
  • nekoface
    nekoface Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm similar measurements: I'm 5'2; 36, 28, 40. My hips have always always been wide and always will be and I cared about it for a very long time but now no longer do.
  • dogetta
    dogetta Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and wt now is 150 lb (one stone equals 14 lb) and my measurements are the same except hip is 40