New Member - 10 Stone to lose!!

Options
Hiya everyone, I'm totally new to the group and panicking already! Started Monday at a weight of 24st 2lb and today I weighed and apparently I am 24st 5lb now! I know I've probably weighed too early and it could be a factor of water, clothes, time of day etc but I'm just looking for a bit of reassurance. I'm only going to weigh myself once a week from now on. I have a target of 1500 kcal per day and have stuck to it. I am drinking at least 2 litres of water a day. I've not yet started exercising but I will over the next week or so.

I'd love to get to know some of you, especially people who might be local/in the same boat as me. I live in Liverpool, England. Feel free to add me as a friend as I'm a bit of a Billy no mates at the moment!!

Thanks for reading
Kelly xxx

Replies

• gaynora1971
    gaynora1971 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hi kellyann,

i started last week weighing 20st 9lbs, i weigh in on a Tuesday evening and last night i had lost 6 lbs. so very happy.

I am attending Rosemary Conley classes, but tracking daily with MFP.

everything will be fine, just weigh once a week at the same time and you will see a difference next week.
  • secretfatdiary
    Options
    Hi Kellyann,

I weighed myself on NYE and was absolutely horrified to see that I weighed 20st 4lbs. It had been four months since I weighed myself - I'd just got married in September and I wonderful time, and I ate cooked breakfasts every day on our honeymoon, and then we came home and I just didn't stop eating.

I have about ten stones to lose too. I'd love to weight ten stones. That'd be nice.

My husband and I are going on a year long round-the-world trip starting in mid-May. That's four months away. I am currently a size 22, and I would love to be a size 18 by the time I go. Two sizes, four months - doable? Maybe. I'm trying.

Let's try together! :D
  • LynnieG85
    LynnieG85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Kelly! You'll find a lot of support here, from friends and on the forums. A word of advice, though, some people can be quite high and mighty on the forums lol.

As for the change in weight in those couple of days, just make sure you weigh in at the same time every day. I always weigh in the morning so it's most accurate. Good luck and I look forward to seeing your progress!
  • PrinnyBomb
    PrinnyBomb Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I started at 23.6 stone in Jan 2012. You can do this!
  • mrsgookie
    Options
    Hi Kelly
    I live in Florida and we can do this together. So let started today by keeping in touch with each other everyday on what you have eaten, exercise and get a partner to exercise with you. I have started my joging this a.m.I exercise, diet,and stop it takes a well made mind to accomplish your goals.
  • senami632
    senami632 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hiiiii :) I live in Liverpool as well. Adding you xx
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Okay I have just seen this expression in two different posts. I need to know. What is a Stone?
  • Leadarts
    Options
    I started last Monday and weighes in at 14stone 11lbs, weighed myself the following Monday morning and weighed in at 14stone 6lbs losing 5lbs in a week. I have a target to lose 2 stone as am getting married in September in Mexico. I will be ya friend cos am just new aswell lol.
  • jpooley1988
    jpooley1988 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You will get loads of support on here, adding friends etc, and you will find it a mini competition for yourself seeing how much other people are losing!

It's really good having the people on here to pick you up when your down, and congratulate you when you are doing well! :)
  • sfburdett
    sfburdett Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Okay I have just seen this expression in two different posts. I need to know. What is a Stone?

Its 14lbs per stone.
  • alyssakoryn
    alyssakoryn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm not exactly sure what a stone is, but I am trying to lose 100 lbs. I'm already down 11, so obviously this is helping me. You CAN do it. (I know how cliche that sounds, but you can.) And people that say you can't, don't get discouraged... simply prove to them and yourself that you can. :) Good Luck!!
  • Lollypops44
    Lollypops44 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    nope, a stone is definately 14lbs and while we're talking numbers, a kilo is 2.2lbs :-). Good luck to everyone with their weight loss journeys.
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Thanks, for the stone info. I know what Kilos are and how they are converted.
  • kellyann2013xxx
    Options
    Thank you all so so much for your replies! I feel so welcome already. Really looking forward to this now :)

Feel free to add me as a friend xxx
  • cxsiegel
    Options
    My trainer keeps telling me its a marathon not a sprint. I keep repeating that one in my head..
  • paulasturk
    Options
    A stone is 14 lb!!!!