coffee creamer alternatives

Options

Replies

• tbodet
    tbodet Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Land o lakes makes individual creamers called mini moos. They are only 10 calories. I routinely use 2/large cup. I also like then because they don't need to be refrigerated!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Hated the almond milk. Leaves a bunch of sludge in the bottom. Switched back to skim milk.
  • abfit4life
    abfit4life Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My morning java is a required elixir to start my day. Some things I refuse to compromise. So even though I may add a variety of creamers, ultimately I want to savor the coffee.
  • chrtyA
    chrtyA Posts: 39
    Options
    I love my coffee too and I tried some of the sugar free creamers they had and they were kinda gross. I did cut back and started using one serving of half and half (30 calories)and sugar free Torani's flavored syrup ( 0 calories) for me that has helped me cut back on my usual sugary flavored creams and calories. You could use almond milk instead and less calories.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Sugar free CoffeeMate or Intl Delight have a lot less calories. Torani sugar free syrups have zero calories
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Better quality coffee is much easier to drink black. I drink black espresso, but can't stand black bad diner coffee.

A mini-moo is just a few calories. You're just putting too much in.
  • kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I use Silk Light Vanilla 1/2 cup heated before adding my coffee. Then if I want it more creamy I use Trader Joe's Fat Free Half and Half. :smile:
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I do a vanilla protein powder/stevia combo in my coffee.
  • melissalandrum
    melissalandrum Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This (and Torani's sugar free liquid sweetener and fat free milk) --->
    I've taken to using the sugar free french vanilla. 15 cal per tablespoon (for the coffee mate brand - international delight is 20 per) and I use 1.5 tablespoons per cup of coffee. 4 cups of coffee = 6 tablespoons creamer = 90 calories.
  • Flinty35
    Flinty35 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I mostly use sugar free coffee creamer, which has way less calories and still tastes great the other option for me is unsweetened almond milk with either a spenda or trivia packet.
  • freddykid
    freddykid Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    yea i'd try a different damn creamer or just drink less coffee. It's really not deemed necessary to drink that much coffee. not to mention that much creamer. Find an alternative. That's just too many calories and sugar.

It is a lot and I try to cut down sometimes but really I can deal with that amount in my daily diary.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    If you can't stomach your coffee black then maybe you just don't like coffee? There's a big possibility that you just like cream and sugar (aka icecream when frozen).

If that's the case, best bet is to ween yourself off coffee or switch to caffeine pills.
  • myogibbs
    myogibbs Posts: 182
    Options
    Sorry can't help at 45 calories a tbsp. I wouldn't give up my International Delight Hershey chocolate and caramel coffee creamer. I have 2 tbsp in my morning cup and is so worth the 90 calories.. Best of Luck though....
    I am right there with you on this one! I can find something to cut back on or I can spend a little longer in the gym...totally worth it.
    York Peppermint Patty is yummy too.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I'm lactose intollerant so it was difficult to find something that wasn't to heavy, sweet or nasty.

I use Flax Milk - sweetened is only 50 cals per 8oz cup or unsweetened is 25 cals per 8oz cup. I put about 1-2oz in my coffee with a very little sugar in the raw (1/2 tsp) or a dash of stevia in the raw & it's good!
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    almond milk. unsweetened and vanilla flavored if you'd like. only 40 calories for a cup so you can literally splash the coffee in if you need to and not bust 50 cals/drink
  • MsipiGRITS
    MsipiGRITS Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I am also a coffee addict so feel your pain! Skim milk! I had to gradually go from whole milk to 2% to 1% to skim. NEVER thought I would touch skim as I had always thought it was watery and gross looking. However, when you gradually go down to it, you don't really notice. Now, I can't stand the heavier milk. I also quit using sugar in my coffee/tea years ago. I use Splenda now, but am trying to cut back on that and maybe convert to a more natural sweetener, as I am hearing that Splenda can be just as bad as sugar on your insulin levels. More research required on that end.. Good luck!!
  • bashiera
    bashiera Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Better tasting coffee, brew it not as strong, and use milk of choice (coconut, almond, cow's, goat's) and some honey. That's how I do coffee, and it's tastier and less calories than pounds of powdered creamer and sugar in craptacular Folger's.
  • Susanh43
    Options
    I love the flavored creamers as much as the next person! I treated myself over the holidays to peppermint flavored creamer and counted the calories, but now I am back to Stevia in the Raw and just about 2 T of 2% milk in my coffee and that is good too. It's really what everyone else has said - if you love it, count it, and ENJOY it. :smile:
  • sarahbrown1015
    sarahbrown1015 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have a very serious creamer addiction that I am trying to overcome. I started putting a few healthy shakes of cinnamon in the brewing basket. Make super delicious cinnamon coffee.. I still use a litlle stevia with it. It seems to be my best alternative to super delicious sugar free french vanilla. And I always use good coffee.
  • sarahbrown1015
    sarahbrown1015 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I do a vanilla protein powder/stevia combo in my coffee.

How much of each? Do you premix it or throw it all in the cup?