Weird/Strange Cravings?

Options
PHLLLY
PHLLLY Posts: 160 Member
It's 4am and a huge snack craving just hit me. I just ate a salad with Cheese Fantastico dressing, pickles and pepperoncinis. Sodium is off the charts. WTF. When I was younger I used to eat li hing mui (salty dried plum) by the handfuls. Guess that's where I get my salt cravings from. Hello prehypertension. lol What are your guys' weird and/or strange cravings?

Replies

• lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Feta cheese, I'll even eat a salad if it means I get to put Feta on it :)
  • mklassy123
    Options
    Cottage cheese. There are these times that I seriously crave cottage cheese and MUST have it. Just plain cottage cheese.
  • Kellyeee2013
    Options
    When I was stupidly only eating 1200 cals a day and would feel hungry later in the evening I would crave ANYTHING anyone else was eating, and it would not go away. For a while it was salsa and corn chips. When I used to live in Toronto I craved Sushi like all of the time.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Sour gummy candy. But it has to be really, really sour.

I also sometimes get sushi cravings and pasta with tomato sauce cravings.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    i used to be an absolute sugar addict. Then birth control converted me to loving the salty stuff.

Vegemite and cheese toast all the way!!
  • ninaquelinda
    Options
    Sometimes I get the chocolate craving but usually crave something salty.... like claussen pickles, tomato juice or a raw potato with salt sprinkles on it.
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I get cravings for long john silvers. which is odd, considering I don't like anything on their menu. :frown:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Is it possible you're pregnant?
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Radishes and the smell of dirt. lol Yep, it's weird and I do take vitamins. :)
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Breastmilk. Gimme all teh breastmilk.
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    For some odd reason lately I have been craving nibs. I don't even like candy.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Radishes and the smell of dirt. lol Yep, it's weird and I do take vitamins. :)

I hate the smell of dirt! :sick:
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Rippled potato chips, dipped in peanut butter. :I

They must.
    Have.
    The ripples.
  • Ashley1392
    Ashley1392 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's 4am and a huge snack craving just hit me. I just ate a salad with Cheese Fantastico dressing, pickles and pepperoncinis. Sodium is off the charts. WTF. When I was younger I used to eat li hing mui (salty dried plum) by the handfuls. Guess that's where I get my salt cravings from. Hello prehypertension. lol What are your guys' weird and/or strange cravings?

I definitely relate to what you're saying about craving salty stuff! Of course dessert is always good, but I find myself craving salt most of the time as well. Hence why I have to save most of my calories for dinner, because I have a really hard time not going over board on the savory food.
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Brussels sprouts. Baked with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and than broiled. They are to die for!!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Is it possible you're pregnant?

I thought the same thing. This sounds kind of like me right now...
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I often wake up at 4am wanting a juicy taco.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    your own or someone elses?
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    sausage . . . the kind they have in Phoenix.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    your own or someone elses?
    I'm not picky.