In search of Support :)

Options
Hey everyone! I've been on MFP for a little while now, but have never been great when it comes to sticking to it. This time around, I'm determined!!

My sister has had amazing success with MFP and sticking to her goals: working out and eating right! She is a huge inspiration to me.

My husband and I recently married in August and invested in the P90X videos. We did great for a few weeks, and felt amazing- but it was just too much too quick, and way too easy to fall off. Now we're trying to get back in the hang of things so we can enjoy the rest of our lives together, healthy and fit! Kids aren't too far along from our future and we want to be able to keep up with them.

At this point- I need people who appreciate support, and receiving some in return :) Feel free to friend me- the more the merrier!!

Replies

• ckkoski
    ckkoski Posts: 10
    Options
    Added :)

I too am guilty of diving into fitness and diet plans without focusing on finding a path for a lifestyle change. After college, I went from 192 lbs to 142 lbs, and then met the love of my life and ALL the weight has slowly crept back on. To lose that weight, I was working out 2x a day and was eating AWFUL tasting food (plain chicken, plain veggies, egg whites, protein powder, etc.). By the end, I was eating less just because I was so sick of the food. The backlash afterward was really tough b/c I'm definitely a foodie. I'm hoping that by counting calories and being less strict, I can enjoy life and the foods I love in moderation, while losing weight at a steady and healthy pace. I'm also jogging a little bit and taking belly dancing and yoga classes for fun!

Best of luck to everyone and feel free to add me :)

Starting weight: 194 lbs
    Current weight: 186 lbs
    Goal weight: 135 lbs
  • trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Lots of great support on here! Feel free to add me!
  • RCadence
    Options
    The support on goes way beyond the call of duty...its FANTASTIC!!! Feel free to add me, it always helps to have as many people as you can cheering you on!
  • Beanie008
    Beanie008 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Good luck!!
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I tried my Husban's P90X for a day and at first thought it was silly rolling around on the ground but the next day I could barely sit so KUDOS to you and your Husband. lol. Don't know if you have already, but you should try Jillian Michaels 30Day Shred...it is amazing!

BTW - friend request sent.

Have a great day!!!!!! :bigsmile: