what to do?

Options
ok, so ive been listening to different sides of stories regarding life in general and would like to get everyone elses thoughts on the matter...

for example;
as a child you were bought up without much love and care, you grew up eating seperatly, no bed time chill out time / cuddles / kisses / saying ' i love you ' ect

so do you follow in what you know? treat your kids the same and the cycle keeps repeating itself or do you make sure you treat your kids with the love and care you would have liked as a child and right all your parents wrongs through your own behaviour with your children?

if you do as you 'thats all i knew' and repeat the cycle, how does that feel? do you feel? do you care? do you realise your repeating the cycle?

if you 'do the opposite' and break the cycle do you hold it against your parents or do you forgive and forget?

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I dont think you have to do the same as your parents did. They did what they thought was best, you need to do what YOU think is best.
  • gem25984
    Options
    i agree 100%

after strong thoughts by others on this subject i wanted to get more opinions
  • Narla444
    Narla444 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My mom told me it never occurred to her to say "i love you" to us until she heard my Aunt say it every night to my cousins when we were visiting. It wasn't something she ever heard as a kid. I was too young to remember my mom not saying it though.

My mom and her sisters have a TON of issues with my grandmother for a whole host of other reasons. I think they sisters mostly forgave, but all of them have extremely limited contact with their mom.