Question for Spagetti Eaters

Options
My friend wants to know what 2 oz of regular spagetti pasta converts to after cooked (cup size)? Any and all help would be appreciated!!!! Thanks

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I haven't had spaghetti in awhile...but it was either 1/2 cup or 1 cup...can't remember, but it was one of those.
  • amiratann
    amiratann Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing! But, what helps is the note on the package that says 2oz is about 7 servings per package, so, when I cook it if I can make it into 7 servings, and I give myself one I know I'm pretty close. Not science, but close enough.
  • jessicahelene
    jessicahelene Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    according to an older thread, looks like about a cup.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/191047-how-many-cups-cup-is-2-oz-of-pasta
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    One cup. I just verified this last week.

( I was the only one home for dinner, so I weighed out 2 oz. of spaghetti, cooked it, then measured)
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Roughly it doubles, so you are looking at a half cup. If you want it to be accurate measure out the two ounces (kitchen scale) cook it and re-weigh.

This will give you not only an accurate weight, it will give you a real idea of how much a serving looks like.
  • elothen
    elothen Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I just looked this up on Monday and the reality is that there's not a direct conversion. That being said the general consensus is 2oz ~ 1 cup. I think amiratann's suggestion is probably the best, save for having a food scale, but was just a little difficult for me when cooking for my family of seven then extracting my portion. ;-)
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Roughly it doubles, so you are looking at a half cup. If you want it to be accurate measure out the two ounces (kitchen scale) cook it and re-weigh.

This will give you not only an accurate weight, it will give you a real idea of how much a serving looks like.

I wish I'd done this but an hour ago!! spent an AGE -well 10 mins trying to find the right cooked weight listing- I did NOT HAVE 900 CALS OF SPAGETTI FOR DINNER :tongue:
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I weigh mine, and for Barilla Plus, the 2 ounces becomes about 5.5 ounces. I used to do start weight and cooked weight for the whole pot and divide it out, etc. but it was consistent enough that I just go with 5.5 ounces cooked now as a serving.