in need of advice

Options
2»

Replies

• Lvendes
    Options
    A lot also has to do with the fact you are working out and your metobolism is moving faster. I would say maybe eat 5-6 small snack/meals and it may help you. Also try to find some foods that make you feel full after eating them (aka stay away from refined/complex carbs) like an apple with peanut butter or carrots with hummus:) :flowerforyou:
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I mean lol 1 cardio n a circuit, a day about 4 times a a week. The rest of those days I try to either walk or clean.

how are you burning 900 calories doing 1 circuit of cardio? Also, what types of food are you eating? Can you open your diary?

I do a cardio, which is 42 minutes of hip hop abs, then I do the shred which is what 28 minutes, only one circuit. I do this a day.

I doubt you are burning that many calories.. probably more like 500-600 max. HHA is not a huge calorie burner, even with the gloves and neither is 30DS. I am 5'11, 195lb man and even if I do insanity, i am around 600-700 calories.

For my weight thats what mfp quotes me at, so far using it I am losing weight
  • kathleenmary73
    kathleenmary73 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I can tell you this, it take a lot of calories to warm up your body. If you are in a really cold area and as you stated you get cold a lot, your body will be burning more, just to keep warm. People get hungry though, for different reasons. I know sugar makes me really hungry, so after the great Christmas sugar rush you might be battling a sugar induced hunger wave. I agree with the girl who said to eat 5 small meals a day, I do six and I have to really work at keeping the food coming.
  • tlc12078
    Options
    I mean lol 1 cardio n a circuit, a day about 4 times a a week. The rest of those days I try to either walk or clean.

how are you burning 900 calories doing 1 circuit of cardio? Also, what types of food are you eating? Can you open your diary?

I do a cardio, which is 42 minutes of hip hop abs, then I do the shred which is what 28 minutes, only one circuit. I do this a day.

I doubt you are burning that many calories.. probably more like 500-600 max. HHA is not a huge calorie burner, even with the gloves and neither is 30DS. I am 5'11, 195lb man and even if I do insanity, i am around 600-700 calories.

but I still do 2 workouts a day plus whatever else i need to do, clean house run errands, walk , whatever
  • tlc12078
    Options
    I can tell you this, it take a lot of calories to warm up your body. If you are in a really cold area and as you stated you get cold a lot, your body will be burning more, just to keep warm. People get hungry though, for different reasons. I know sugar makes me really hungry, so after the great Christmas sugar rush you might be battling a sugar induced hunger wave. I agree with the girl who said to eat 5 small meals a day, I do six and I have to really work at keeping the food coming.

You know I thought maybe it that might of been my problem too adn then quickly stopped. I have sugar free candy on the side, but idk, could be. Thanks for bringing that to my attention
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options

but I still do 2 workouts a day plus whatever else i need to do, clean house run errands, walk , whatever

MFP generally over estimates for many people. But if you are looking to reduce hunger, eat foods higher in protein and fats and eat less carbs. Aim for full fat items and less processed foods. If you are losing at 2000 calories, than you are eating the right amount of food, now you just need to eat better types of foods.

Also, when you exercise, your metabolic rate will increase in order to repair your muscles. That is one benefit of exercise. After a good lifting day, i could literally eat a horse.. There are some days where I have to eat 4000-5000 calories.. doesn't happen often but when it does, it's awesome!!
  • tlc12078
    Options

how are you burning 900 calories doing 1 circuit of cardio and weight training? Also, what types of food are you eating? Can you open your diary?

I do 42 minutes of cardio, thats hip hop abs, then i do 28 minute of level 1 shred, i do them one after the other. I weigh 244 so yes I will burn that much thats what mfp says, no I will not open my diary sorry, seems I am getting enough critized just for asking a question
  • tlc12078
    Options

MFP generally over estimates for many people. But if you are looking to reduce hunger, eat foods higher in protein and fats and eat less carbs. Aim for full fat items and less processed foods. If you are losing at 2000 calories, than you are eating the right amount of food, now you just need to eat better types of foods.

Also, when you exercise, your metabolic rate will increase in order to repair your muscles. That is one benefit of exercise. After a good lifting day, i could literally eat a horse.. There are some days where I have to eat 4000-5000 calories.. doesn't happen often but when it does, it's awesome!!

well I havent done circuits in about 3 weeks and started it back up a week ago. MY food
    I eat a protein bar and a coffee 1 cream, 1 sugar, medium, lunch was green giant antioxidant blend, frozen veggies, which are not bad for.. my snack was tostitos chips n a bit of cheese, now my supper was noodle made n froze, so they are premeasured, so a cup, 8 1/2 oz of ribs, and beets, they were canned 1 cup, neuro trim to help wiht fiber, which is now seeming to kick in, then fro late snack another coffee, same 1 cream, 1 sugar, and half of a protein bar. no I was not under my cals. I burned only by cleaning today. I dont workout when bf is home the only snack was tostitos n a bit of cheese sauce measured. That is what I ate today. I dont have a fit bit to measure cals burned, what does that matter anyway as long as I am losing, I just have hunger issues, thats all I was asking
  • tlc12078
    Options

I weigh more than you, thats why, my body acts as my weight, think about it. By the time I am done I am dripping in sweat, I do burn, but you dont have much to lose, I am heavier so thats why I burn more til I lose more weight, when I lose more weight I will burn less, like you. I have done search on how much I would burn n mfp is about accurate, I have been on other sites. You burn less, you weight less
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    If you're eating 2000ish and burning 900ish, you're only netting around 1100 calories, which really isn't that much? If the number of calories you're burning is accurate, then you're hungry because you're fueling your very active body. Burning that many calories every day is a pretty crazy routine!

My advice... well, protein and fat are what keep me full for longer, so you could try and eat more of that. You could up your calories - if your numbers are correct, you could easily add another 200-400 calories to your day and still be losing weight.

This. Protein and fat for satiety, and also possibly a few more calories if your burn estimate is correct.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options

I weigh more than you, thats why, my body acts as my weight, think about it. By the time I am done I am dripping in sweat, I do burn, but you dont have much to lose, I am heavier so thats why I burn more til I lose more weight, when I lose more weight I will burn less, like you. I have done search on how much I would burn n mfp is about accurate, I have been on other sites. You burn less, you weight less

Even though you might be heavier than me, I have significantly more lean body mass than you. And muscle has much greater caloric requirements. Also, it's hard to compare as we don't know each others intensity levels.
  • tlc12078
    Options

Even though you might be heavier than me, I have significantly more lean body mass than you. And muscle has much greater caloric requirements. Also, it's hard to compare as we don't know each others intensity levels.

very true, we are different. I still have aways to go, just trying to figure out how to be more full so I can have a deficit n lose, which I dont think I am gaining, not sure til Feb 1. anyways, but we will see til then, I will keep work my *kitten* off. : literally
  • rotill
    rotill Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    One very different suggestion: Dress warmly! If you are cold a lot, wearing (long) wool underwear may help. Then your body doesn't need to work that much at keeping you warm, and you will need less calories. Also, it's more comfortable than going around feeling chilled.

And don't tell me it itches, modern wool underwear is the softest, most comfortable thing you can get. :-)