Cycling

Options
When I go to enter the cycling classes I take, it says "moderate effort", "vigorous effort", or "very vigorous effort". What constitutes the varying degrees? My heart rate? Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. :happy: Thanks.

Replies

• iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    When I go to enter the cycling classes I take, it says "moderate effort", "vigorous effort", or "very vigorous effort". What constitutes the varying degrees? My heart rate? Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. :happy: Thanks.
  • ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing??????
  • aphall01
    aphall01 Posts: 26
    Options
    Last year, there was a program where you coule complete an entire triathalon in the duration of the three weeks and you could only complete 15 miles per day. Anyway- when we logged in the cycling... a cycyling/spinning class that lasted 50 minutes is generally around 15 miles. I'm not sure if that helps or not.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    For the record, and comparison, I burn 600 calories an hour spinning (according to my HRM) and, I weigh 138. I think this works out somewhere between "moderate" and "vigorous".
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I use speed as a proxy, too. If I'm cycling below 20 mph, it's moderate. 20 mph or faster is vigorous. And 24 mph or faster is very vigorous!