need help to stop eating at bedtime

Options
2»

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Don't break the habit, just leave 300 or so calories left over at the end of the night so you can snack.

How is 300 calories a snack?

Serious?
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Don't break the habit, just leave 300 or so calories left over at the end of the night so you can snack.

Agreed, 300 would just piss me off. 500-600 is more satiating. Great point.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options

What, is 300 cals like a meal for you? :laugh: That's a snack in my world.
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Have a diet coke

Bahahahaha:sad:
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    I try to save enough calories for a light snack in the evening. My sleep doctor told me to have a carbohydrate based snack and it will help the blood sugar levels stay even over night and you are less likely to wake up.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with eating before bed. Meal timing has nothing to do with weight loss. Just make sure it fits into your calorie goal.
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I have discovered a new way to squash my night binges... I eat dinner pretty early a few nights a week due to a second job. I get home at 9:30 at night and by that time am hungry.

I use the chicken soup protein powder from Unjury. I mix a scoop with 8 oz of water. Fill a coffee mug 1/2 full with water and microwave to heat. Add 4 oz (you'll have 4 oz left for tomorrow night) of the protein powder mixture to the cup and you have a little cup of "chicken soup" with 10.5 grams of protein for 50 calories. Warms my belly, and makes it think it's full.

http://www.unjury.com/store/protein/reg/chicken_soup_flavored_protein.shtml

PS you can't heat protein powder, so I developed that little premix trick! You have to do it that way or it'll curdle.
  • kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    As long as you can sleep and it's not hindering your goals I believe in eating right up until bedtime. I personally have had NO TROUBLE with reaching my goals with eating right before bed :)
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Mmm...cookies.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

lolz agreed and mine sometime push closer to 700.... OP if you have the calories and do not have a medical condition that would cause you discomfort eating before bedtime (reflux, etc) then meal frequency doesn't matter. Eat them if you got them... Best of Luck
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

lolz agreed and mine sometime push closer to 700.... OP if you have the calories and do not have a medical condition that would cause you discomfort eating before bedtime (reflux, etc) then meal frequency doesn't matter. Eat them if you got them... Best of Luck

^^this, to all points.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    I eat until i go to sleep some (ok, most) days. It fits in with my calories. And, if it fits in your calories, go for it. Your body doesn't automatically store food eaten after 8 pm as fat, although some people might tell you it does.
  • UseToBeHot
    UseToBeHot Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. Now I'm trying to plan for it in my daily calories and also trying to eat lower calorie items at that time - like popchips or mini carmel rice cakes and a cup of chicken broth. All of which are healthy with no additives. I'm thinking it would also help to keep my hands busy so may buy jigsaw puzzles and learn to crochet. :ohwell:
  • nana_of_8
    nana_of_8 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone who's saying to work the snack into your calories for the day, it doesn't really matter when you eat them. And all of our caloric intake and energy output is different, so some of us have 100cal snacks and some have 300cal snacks. Neither is wrong as long as it's in your plan. **What I noticed; is you're saying you go to bed around midnight and you're wondering why you get hungry 11hrs later?? Are you not eating breakfast? You shouldn't go more than 4-5 hrs without eating, and if you get in the habit of eating breakfast, it helps keep you from getting so hungry and over eating later in the day.
  • Boocakes08
    Options
    I had a half of a dark chocolate hershey's bar late at night and it was great! Slept like a baby afterwards.
  • Clarissia_Nicole
    Clarissia_Nicole Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Try eating your last meal an hour later than usual.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options

In all fairness, it's a light snack for me, lol