ways to season chicken breast?

Options

Replies

• Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    mrs dash has some great seasonings, many different flavors and no sodium.
  • DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Teaspoon ground coriander seed
    Teaspoon ground cumin seed

Rub spices into chicken breast cover and leave in fridge for at least an hour (overnight ok too)

heat oven to 180 Celsius.
    Get a frypan nice and hot spray breasts with one can oil (2 sprays on each side)
    Seal in hot pan 2 minutes each side.

Wrap in baking paper, trAnsfer to oven for 10 to 15 minutes.

Moist and bursting with flavour.
  • beautifullyhumantp
    Options
    i like indian spices such as coriander, cumin, curry and ginger. If im just goind something quick and easy in the skillet i will use low sodium/no salt added chicken stock and kroger's onion and 3 pepper blend (red,green and yellow) with a little salt and pepper to taste
  • sgha58
    sgha58 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JacquiDawn
    Options
    Paprika!
  • prudism
    prudism Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    make a basic gravy of
    onion
    garlic
    ginger
    salt
    tomatoes (fresh or pureed)
    red chilli
    tumeric
    paprika
    green chillies (optional)
    can add a little olive oil to cook all or water works just as well
    can stay in fridge for couple weeks and goes on chicken, lamb, vegetables, even lentils
  • marutenho
    marutenho Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I'm surprised that the combination

Soy Sauce
    Garlic chopped
    Ginger chopped

hasn't come up ...
    Mix with the meat and let season for a few hours.

Then fry with a little oil (sesame prefered) in a non stick pan.

It's better to slice the chicken breast into chinese style slices (about 5 mm think cut rectangular to the direction of the fibers) for seasoning, this also makes it easier in timing the "cooked to perfection" point.

have fun!

marutenho
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Score the flesh & marinate for at leat 30 mins using one of the following flavour combos and then cook in a roasting bag to make sure it's uber juicy and creates a sauce to go with it! It would be even better to make a pouch in the chicken to stuff more of the marinade in.

If you havent heard of these before- there are literally hundreds of recipes online, so just goofle it! You won't be sorry.

1. Jerk seasoning/ paste
    2. Sundried tomato paste & fresh basil
    3. Honey & coarse grain Mustard
    4. Teriyaki marinade
    5. Dark soy sauce, honey, chilli flakes.
    6. Thai Green/Red/Yellow curry paste & coriander (cilantro)
    7. Thai sweet chilli sauce
    8. Green pesto
    9. Moroccan Harissa Paste
    10. Greek olive tapenade and oregano
    11. Crushed Szechuan/Sichuan peppercorns, tomato paste & garlic
    12. Moroccan Chermoula paste http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1120651/
    13. Chimichurri Sauce: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/barbecuedsirloinwith_91627
    14. Lemon, chilli & honey
    15. Yoghurt, mint & coriander (cilantro)
    16. Maple syrup & Balsamic glaze
    17. Chilli, lemongrass, turmeric & lime juice
    18. Tequila, lime & jalapeno
    19. BBQ Sauce
    20. Smoked paprika & tomato paste
    21. Tandoori spices & yoghurt
    22. Yoghurt & toasted cumin seeds
    23. Cajun Rub/Marinade
    24. Pineapple & chilli
    25. Red wine, red onion, garlic & thyme (like coq au vin)
    26. Wasabi paste and green onions
    27. Fresh ginger, garlic & green onions
    28. Sesame oil, soy & garlic
    29. White wine, tarragon and sliced fennel
    30. Chipotle chilli paste
    31. Korma curry paste (Mild)
    32. Bhuna curry paste (Medium)
    33. Jalfrezi Curry paste (Hot)
    34 Vindaloo curry paste (Very Hot)
    34. Hoi Sin sauce
    35. miso paste & mirin
    36. Chinese five spice powder and honey
    37. Orange marmalade and chilli
    38. Bourbon BBQ Sauce

Thats all I can think of for now!
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I found this to be super easy and yummy!

Fajita Ranch Chicken wraps
    12 oz chicken breasts
    ½ tsp chili powder
    ¼ tsp garlic powder
    ½ tsp creole seasoning (or any other seasoning of your choice)
    1 Tbsp Oil
    nonstick cooking spray
    1 small sweet pepper, seeded and cut into strips
    1 onion, sliced
    2 Tbs ranch
    2 tortillas
    ½ cup salsa
    1/3 cup cheese

Combine oil and spices in a bowl. Add chicken strips and coat with mixture. Coat a medium nonstick skillet with nonstick spray; heat over medium high heat. Cook chicken, peppers & onions in hot skillet over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and veggies are tender. Drain if necessary. Toss with salad dressing.

Divide chicken and pepper micture between warmed tortillas. Top with cheese & salsa. Roll up and cut in half.

Fresh Salsa
    2 seeded and chopped tomatoes
    ¼ cup finely chopped onion
    ¼ cup chopped sweet pepper
    ¼ cup chopped jalapeno pepper
    2-3 tsp cilantro
    ½ tsp salt
    black pepper
    hot sauce
    lime juice
  • JenRLo
    JenRLo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My kids go nuts when I squirt some Italian Dressing on the chicken while it's cooking. Since it's oil based you don't need anything else in the pan (ie olive oil or butter). If I actually think before hand, I'll marinade it in the dressing first. I serve this 1-2 times a week EVERY week and I never have leftovers. I never experimented with low-fat Italian dressings, but I imagine they would be good too.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Hi! I want to know some ways to season/add flavor when cooking chicken breasts in a pan because I'm tired of tasteless chicken ha. Please share!

Very easy to do..

Make some infused olive oil - a variety of herbs and spices to choose from.

Roast up a bunch of garlic in olive oil..... take some of the oil from that, add some roasted garlic for a pureed-oil..

Compound-butter - use any herbs/spices that you like.

Your favorite homemade dressing

Dont be afraid to take a favorite alcoholic beverage too! I will make an 8oz Patron-silver Margarita and make a batch of chicken flavored like CRAZY!!!!!!!
  • cnelson1974
    cnelson1974 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I use Perfect Pinch (salt substitute) flavorings and pepper.
  • lilwalt99
    lilwalt99 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    We do a simple brush of olive oil and then season with salt and pepper. This is fantastic on the grill but also works for pan searing. I even tried this on fish lat night and got a thumbs up from my husband.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Other than chicken with Alfredo sauce or Parmesan chicken, I usually do stir fry with chicken breasts. Breast meat is so dry, you really need a sauce.
  • lckneggs
    Options
    Whatever you season it with, add a very small amount of olive oil and white vinegar. Say you have a dry spices you are going to use, add those to your baggie, drop in your chicken add about 2 tbls olive oil and white vinegar. Squish around the bag so that everything is coated. Put in the fridge at least 20 minutes. When you are ready to cook your chicken, sear it on both sides without burning then turn down the heat.

If you do a bunch at a time, remember to undercook just a little if you are going to reheat in the microwave. If you cook till completely done, you'll have a piece of rubber for lunch. :flowerforyou:
  • serenamaki
    Options
    oh how inspiring!

three flavours that are stirring my fancy these days are:

Chimichurri-garlic, oil, red wine vinegar and a good mix of fresh herbs. This time around I made it with dill cilantro and mint. Whiz up with a hand blender and then add to the grilled meat

I was in an Italian specialty shop and picked up a jar of chili pepper and garlic condiment...and it is astounding

dijon mustard. slather it on, and then roast/grill it up. The strong taste mellows into pure heaven.
  • lomogeek
    lomogeek Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I add salsa to mine sometimes. I also use lemon pepper too sometimes.
  • minibee12
    Options
    this. list. is. awesome.
  • mforsis
    mforsis Posts: 41
    Options
    Some marjoram (or oregano) and Spanish paprika. You can rub the chicken breast with olive oil if you like. I find the chicken breast is fat enough so I tend not to. Bake 20 min at 375. Just don't over bake if you don't use the olive oil. It is my family's fall back for a rushed meal so I use it all the time. I use it on chicken thighs too.
  • msommy
    msommy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love Tandoori Chicken. I season it with a Tandoori seasoning I can only get online as it is sold in Canada(weird, eh?) But anyway, it is the best Tandoori out there. I tend to mix the spice with plain yogurt to make it less spicy and it makes it a nice thick sauce. Let it marinate the chicken for awhile and on the grill or the oven. So good.....I want some now.