Chips Alternate

Options

Replies

• FitCowgirl8
    FitCowgirl8 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    What flavors do the Special K come in?

Awesome recipe, going to check it out. Might be a good alternate come hockey games and Superbowl Sunday

I don't know all of the flavors but the ones I have tried are southwest ranch and sour cream and onion
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Kale chips (comes in a variety of different flavors), apple chips, or sweet potatoe chips are good substitutes. You can also bake the kale & sweet potatoe chips yourself and create your own flavors.

Why do all of these people think you're supposed to eat kale? That stuff was designed as a garnish, it was never meant for human consumption. Do you also eat the umbrella that comes in your Mai Tai? No. Leave the kale on the side of the plate. Eat stuff that tastes good.

kale is part of the cabbage family, and many many many people from different countries eat kale as a part of their regular diet. Just because Americans do not find kale to be very palatable, does not mean it is strictly a 'garnish', and not to be eaten.
  • c_rizzy
    c_rizzy Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have special k chips i think its with sea salt. they are so good. taste like regular ones. Just don't eat to many at one time
  • TorontoAdam91
    Options
    Sour cream and onion one's sound pretty good.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'll throw my vote in for Popchips. They are pretty tasty, and low enough in calorie if you find you've "accidentally" eaten a whole bag, you're not too bad off.

... not that I've ever done this.
  • CoronerKris
    CoronerKris Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    black bean chips(beanitos) and lentil chips
  • TorontoAdam91
    Options
    Who makes these "pop-chips", "kale" and "black bean"?

I do not recall ever seeing them at the grocery store or Wal-Mart.
  • alimarie53
    alimarie53 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    If I have a chip craving I go for pita chips or pop chips.
  • CoronerKris
    CoronerKris Posts: 57 Member
    Options

The black bean ones are by Beanitos. Pop Chips i believe is the name of the company. Do you have a Whole Foods near you? Or check the orgranic/vegetarian section of your grocery store.
  • labailey08
    Options
    I like the Special K chips as well. You can have 27 for around 140 calories. They have ALL kinds like bbq, sour cream and onion, cheddar and sea salt I really like to use the southwest ranch and dip in salsa :)
  • hnyb1212
    hnyb1212 Posts: 17 Member
    Options

The black bean ones are by Beanitos. Pop Chips i believe is the name of the company. Do you have a Whole Foods near you? Or check the orgranic/vegetarian section of your grocery store.

You can also get pop-chips, kale, & black bean chips on Amazon.
  • TorontoAdam91
    Options
    Awesome I will check out Amazon. Hopefully stuff is on the Canadian site or ships here.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

Hoping to hear what people have to say about substituting or changing which chips I eat. Usually I like Miss Vickie's but I know if I want to lose weight that has to stop.

Can anyone recommend a bag of chips, brand, etc. that is relatively good as a snack?

Thanks, add as friend as well!

Miss Vickie's aren't any worse than other types of chips. Basically all of those processed carb snacks like chips, pretzels, etc., are poor choices for dieting. Get used to snacking on real food like fruit. Or curb your carb cravings with coffee or tea.
  • boopbabs
    boopbabs Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    KALE CHIPS - make your own! It's so easy and without all the additive stuff and excessive sodium. And to me, they taste better. Get a bunch of kale from the store, bring it home. rinse it well and pat it dry. Lay each piece flat on baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray and dust with sea salt. Or you can toss in some EVOO and sprinkle with salt. Bake @ 350 for 10-15 minutes, watching carefully not to burn the edges, otherwise they will taste bitter.

Kale chips only have 33 calories , 7 carbs and no sugar. Kale is low in saturated fat, and very low in Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Dietary Fiber, Protein, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Folate, Iron, Magnesium and Phosphorus, and a very good source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, Calcium, and Potassium. Kale is a good anti-inflammatory natural food.
  • lindseym18
    Options
    I eat them all! My favorites are cape cod 40% reduced fat. Mmmm kettle baked and sooo good, I eat them almost every day! It's all about making it work into your goals. This is supposed to be sustainable remember? :) Never give up something you love!
  • jilliew
    jilliew Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Awesome I will check out Amazon. Hopefully stuff is on the Canadian site or ships here.

Hello, fellow Canadian! You can get all three of those brands in Canada. I've seen them.

However, my vote is for popcorn. Air popped. Mmmmmmmm
  • TorontoAdam91
    Options
    That is true moderation, work it in to the daily calorie goal.
    I will take everyone's advice and see what comes out of it
  • boopbabs
    boopbabs Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    SNAPEA CRISPS made by CALBEE. These are baked snacks made from real peas. 100 calories for 24 of these pea-shaped snacks and only 11 carbs, less than 1g sugar. Only 5 ingredients: peas, corn oil, rice, salt, calcium and Vitamin C. And they're delicious! You can find them in the produce aisle at almost any grocery store or on Amazon. YUM! :tongue:
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    The Real Deal - Real Veggie Chips

not only taste good, but a serving also counts as a serving of veggies. because... that's what they're made with. I love 'em
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    MAKE HOMEMADE SWEET POTATO CHIPS BETTER AND HEALTHIER THAN WHITE DEVIL POTATOES BECAUSE HEALTHY