Questions...

Options
So does calorie cycling really work? I'm 5'5" and eat consistently 1450ish calories everyday and I seem to be stalled, should I start eating more on some days and less on others? Also, I keep reading that I should be eating more calories since my BMR is about 1450 but my TDEE is only like 1950 and I don't have the time to exercise like I used to and as a student I'm almost sedentary so eating only a 250 calorie deficit (1600) seems like too much am I wrong? Am I stalled because I'm still eating too little? My mother always gets at me because she thinks I am eating too much but I don't think 1450 is too much although she's never had weight problems and I always have so I dunno should I actually be eating less? I just want to see the scale start to move again...

Replies

• trdepalo
    trdepalo Posts: 106
    Options
    bump?
  • staciarose13
    staciarose13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Did you try searching the message boards for this topic? People ask about calorie cycling everyday it seems, so one of them might have the answer you're looking for.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    The results of calorie cycling is very anecdotal. Why don't you try to eat another 200-300 calories a day to see if that helps. Also I would suggest getting most of those calories from protein.. Most days you seem a bit low. After a month if that doesn't work, then try cycling.
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    You should be eating above your bmr, so i woild guess that u arent eating enough. If your TDEE is 1950 I would shoot for 1600 or so.