Replies

• Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I second Steely Dan, they rock.
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    After some soul searching through my itunes, I've chosen Dave Matthews Band. They have one song called "Shake Me Like a Monkey" that I quite enjoy, but the rest is drivel.

And I went to one of their concerts stoned as a mutha****a. If seeing a jam band live and consuming a weed lollipop beforehand can't make you like it, NOTHING WILL.
  • harr3mi
    harr3mi Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I hate Nirvana, but Heart Shaped Box is not bad.

This right here is blasphemy!!!
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    U2 - "Stuck in a Moment (You Can't Get Out Of)" - although there are a couple others that I do like quite a bit ("All I Want Is You", "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses"), but considering their full catalog, they make up maybe .05% of their total output.
    Death Cab for Cutie - I just can't seem to get into them, but "I Will Follow You into the Dark" is unmatched.
    Jessie J - "Do It Like a Dude" is hilarious. I bought the whole album, but meh at the rest.

I seem to find myself more often in a situation where I love a band/musician, and (as Bob would say) I celebrate their entire catalog, but there are songs in their repertoire that annoy the crap out of me. Many of them are bands/musicians that I'm somewhat embarrassed to publicly admit that I love, for fear of persecution.

Prime examples:
    George Michael ("Last Christmas", although technically that was with Wham!)
    Hootie & the Blowfish (any of their songs that made it big on the radio)
    Counting Crows (any of the upbeat songs that actually get played in public places)
    Dave Matthews Band (the entirety of Everyday, and the album with the fire dancer on the cover, I think it was Stand Up - oh, who am I kidding, anything produced after 1998 but before Busted Stuff that wasn't scrapped at the last moment and then leaked onto the interwebs)
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Nickelback...but I dig Leader of Men
    ^ this but Animal
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I can't STAND Fall Out Boy, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't love that song Dance Dance...its in my workout playlist.

I hate to love them. There's just something about his voice that compels me. I watched a show online where he went to Daryl Hall's house and they jammed on Fall Out Boy and Hall & Oates songs, and it was actually pretty badass.
  • DP325i
    DP325i Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Lol i dont have any bands that i listen to, that dont like at least a few of their songs, but my guilty pleasure is
    Girls Generation - Gee

I cant belive i just admited that.... something about cute korean chicks singing gets me every time....

(I swear im straight)
  • mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    awal nation sail
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I HATE U2....so much. But I have to admit that "One" is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard.
  • lpatterson327
    Options
    Justin Bieber - Beauty and a beat

I know I know, kill me now

I feel the same lol, my son is 5 and wanted a justin bieber haircut...omg, i said no, we negotiated on justin's new shorter haircut ( plus for me, my sons hair is too short anyways to have it like justins :D )
  • srcardinal10
    srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Taylor Swift "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together"

:explode:

HATE THIS SONG. (And yes, I'm yelling) However, I may or may not know all of the words and I catch myself singing along everytime I hear it. *kicks rocks*

Lol. I feel the same way! I really don't care for her or her music very much but that dang song is so catchy!
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    awal nation sail
    yes! just want to call the radio station and let them know there are more and better songs! but I sing along anyway dammit
  • wildcata77
    Options
    Can't freaking stand Rascall Flatts, esp. the lead singer. I want to punch him bt his beady eyes.

However, I'm willing to concede that my love of bluegrass music and honoring my Southern girl roots makes me not turn the radio when I hear "Banjo".
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I, like a few on here cannot stand Coldplay.

I can't think of any redeeming song they have done. They are all bland, unimaginative pap.