Keep it UP and Keep it Off..

Options
a little tip that works for me..
Thought Id share this tip... I only add my exercise at night after I have had all my food for the day.. that way it's easier for me to keep track of my cal for the day and that way you dont eat your exercise cal that you have worked so hard for... the mind is a funny thing and what your eyes see your body will follow... it works for me and hope its helpfull for someone else too...

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    but I want to eat my exercise calories.
  • dez06
    dez06 Posts: 12
    Options

LOL.... IF you are eating your exercise calories you must be doing something right.. haha.. you have lost so much already and that itself is an insperation... :) BUT NOT EATING THEM.. will bring faster but still lasting results....
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options

LOL.... IF you are eating your exercise calories you must be doing something right.. haha.. you have lost so much already and that itself is an insperation... :) BUT NOT EATING THEM.. will bring faster but still lasting results....
    But will they be the results you were hoping for? :drinker:
  • dez06
    Options

But will they be the results you were hoping for? :drinker:

Not always but I have now learned in the last couple of days that even loosing a little 500g a week makes a dif... of coarse I would like to loose about 2kg a week but I will just gain it back... I know now, by all the motivation and inspiring words I have had, that doing it slow adds up in the end... and NOT EATING YOUR CAL will make you loose weight faster, even if its just a little at a time..
  • blleadon
    blleadon Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I notice I have to eat mine back just to keep my net calories. Otherwise I eat too little.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options

Not necessarily - depends on what your daily calorie goal is, and how big a deficit you're at already. If you are set at 1200 cals a day, burn 300 through exercise, your net cals left to fuel your body through daily life is only 900. No bueno. :noway: Eating too low for too long slows weight loss, often brings it to a screeching halt because the body begins storing fat rather than burning it.

If you're eating higher than 1200 - that's good - if you're eating above your BMR, even better! If you're eating between your BMR and your TDEE, and making sure to at least NET your BMR every day - awesome! -you'll lose fat and be more likely to keep it off.

Losing weight fast often results in losing lean muscle along with some fat, and when you reach that magic number on the scale that you've been striving for, you find that you don't have the body you'd hoped you'd have - just a slimmer version of your heavier, soft self.
    Food is fuel and knowledge is power! Eat well, lift heavy things, do a little cardio, sleep. Great info in this topic: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

I like losing fat and seeing my muscles. :bigsmile: And eating my calories.

Oh - and I log my exercise right after I do it, first thing in the morning - helps set my day and helps me plan my food for the rest of the meals and snacks.
  • dez06
    Options

Not necessarily - depends on what your daily calorie goal is, and how big a deficit you're at already. If you are set at 1200 cals a day, burn 300 through exercise, your net cals left to fuel your body through daily life is only 900. No bueno. :noway: Eating too low for too long slows weight loss, often brings it to a screeching halt because the body begins storing fat rather than burning it.

If you're eating higher than 1200 - that's good - if you're eating above your BMR, even better! If you're eating between your BMR and your TDEE, and making sure to at least NET your BMR every day - awesome! -you'll lose fat and be more likely to keep it off.

Losing weight fast often results in losing lean muscle along with some fat, and when you reach that magic number on the scale that you've been striving for, you find that you don't have the body you'd hoped you'd have - just a slimmer version of your heavier, soft self.
    Food is fuel and knowledge is power! Eat well, lift heavy things, do a little cardio, sleep. Great info in this topic: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

I like losing fat and seeing my muscles. :bigsmile: And eating my calories.

Oh - and I log my exercise right after I do it, first thing in the morning - helps set my day and helps me plan my food for the rest of the meals and snacks.

Thank you for the word of advise... as I say.. that is only what works for me... and I do appreciate other peoples input as well...
    And you are right... if you eat to little it will slow your metabolism...

Thanks for the words...