Replies

• PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    OMG I ONLY DO IT WHEN MY WIFE IS OUT OF TOWN SHHHH OMG LOL OLZ
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    On a serious note, I don't believe in cheat days, i think it's too much for me, personally. I believe in a cheat meal. Then back to normal the rest of the day. Easier for me to stay focused
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    I do not do this.

I don't see the point.

I eat what I want, when I want, in amounts that I can afford within my calorie allowance.

Nothing is off limits, nor should it be IMHO.

Plus, I'm not on a diet.. I'm changing my lifestyle and there is no way I'm gonna wait 6 days to have bread or icecream. No thanks!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Tim Ferriss made the "cheat day" real popular in the 4 hour body. However there are things you need to consider- and follow.

Most women need a full day to spike their calories, when men can get away with 1 meal a week.

The idea of the cheat day is to prevent the body from going into starvation mode. Some do it by cycling calories so you'll end the week with the same amount-

example - for me 2000 calories a day

M- 1800
    T- 1800
    W- 2000
    T-1900
    F- 2000
    S- 2700
    S- 1800

ends up being the same number of calories per week, but just spaced differently to trick the body.

I don't think it's necessary when you are first starting though. If you keep losing weight try without it. after a few months doing this may be very helpful though.

Also to reduce cravings - I don't know if it's in my mind or not- but Maca powder seemed to work wonders.
    bump. hope I'm doing this right, I hope I can find this later when I need it if I stall. Can anyone explain to me how to do "the bump".
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I don't specify a 'cheat day'. obviously, some days I will over eat my allowance, but I try not to, but if I have to, I enjoy my food guilt free and work out the next day. framing it as a 'cheat day' mans it's wrong to do, but i treat this as a lifestyle and not a jail term :-)
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Yeah this is what I do. Except calling it a cheat day.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    a lot of times life throws you a cheat day. a wedding, birthday, bar mitzvah, arbor day, work party. whatever. then you have those horrible tragic days i don't wish on anyone, like a death or illness in the family.

so no, i don't have specific cheat days. i do my best to stay on point as much as possible.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    yup. every damn weekend.
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    I think I have had maybe three 'cheat days' since I started in April. I ate everything and anything I wanted to on those days, but, I was full before dinner on all three days! I just can't eat like I used to. I also try to run at least a 5k on those days, so it doesn't make me feel so guilty.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Cheat days don't work for me. Somehow they always turn into cheat weeks. There are days (like today) that I eat more of my regular foods than usual because I feel a bit fatigued or light headed though.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    No but I fit things like a cookie or pita chips into my calories and I know on saturday I'm going to do a longer workout than usual so I can eat a little more that day if it comes up
  • MRSCHAZZY
    MRSCHAZZY Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i drink(party style) on the weekends!:drinker:
  • BriskaPacojame
    Options
    Its not cheating if its in another area code.....

:heart:
  • KariQuiteContrary
    KariQuiteContrary Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I do not do this.

I don't see the point.

I eat what I want, when I want, in amounts that I can afford within my calorie allowance.

Plus, I'm not on a diet.. I'm changing my lifestyle and there is no way I'm gonna wait 6 days to have bread or icecream. No thanks!

^^^ THIS! I have not ever nor will I start having a cheat day. I have always found that you can fit small *appropriate* amounts of the things you love that aren't the best for you most days of the week. If you want some ice cream have it. Just not a half a carton.

I find more often then not now, I just crave things that are better for my body and when I would try to eat the crap I was consuming before in the amounts I was eating it before for a whole day......I felt horrible, sluggish and sometimes sick!

Does this mean I'm not going to have the occasional McDonald's , Dominoes Pizza, or Buffalo Wild Wings! Heck no! But it's all done within moderation and almost always without overdoing it and overloading my system or exceeding the amount of fuel my body needs for the day.
  • bluejaiye20
    bluejaiye20 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I workout 5-6 days a week, burning about 500 calories each workout, plus consuming enough to keep my total net caloric intake around 1200 calories a day. My cheat days are on Sundays. The problem with cheat days is I tend to go overboard, WAY overboard. This past Sunday, I literally consumed 4,000 calories, going out to eat for every meal, plus a late night fast food trip. I think cheat days are not such a good idea if you're going to be like me and overdue it. From now on, I think my cheat day should just include not working out, and eating at a nice restaurant, but not going over 2,500 to 3,000 for the whole day.

In summation, cheat days can be great if you have self-control!

20218521.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MinisterTom
    MinisterTom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I do not do this.

I don't see the point.

^^This
  • maddogg82
    maddogg82 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Friday I eat whatever I want... but I refuse to call it a cheat day because it's a part of my lifestyle, so I'm not diverging from any sort of plan, because it's PART OF the plan.

Works terrifically.

Yeah i do the same.. Except i give my self Friday night and all Satruday. It has worked great. I feel it should be a part of my life plan now and My kids should have the fredom to eat out on the weekend and i should also have the freedom to enjoy their company with out thinking.. OH NO .. we are gonna have pizza.. and freak out... plus if i work out like im suppose to .. ill be fine..
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I workout 5-6 days a week, burning about 500 calories each workout, plus consuming enough to keep my total net caloric intake around 1200 calories a day. My cheat days are on Sundays. The problem with cheat days is I tend to go overboard, WAY overboard. This past Sunday, I literally consumed 4,000 calories, going out to eat for every meal, plus a late night fast food trip. I think cheat days are not such a good idea if you're going to be like me and overdue it. From now on, I think my cheat day should just include not working out, and eating at a nice restaurant, but not going over 2,500 to 3,000 for the whole day.

In summation, cheat days can be great if you have self-control!

This is the other reason I don't do cheat days. I can literally put away over 7000 calories in one day. Easily.
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    why is this called a CHEAT day or meal?
    Why use the word CHEAT?

I am sorry with all due respect, I can't use words like cheater, nor can I say I am dieting.

If you eat something unhealthy, just move on and move on quickly so that you don't make yourself nuts. :
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i do this every 15th day. basically, EVERY OTHER SATURDAY. but, i jump right back on board the next day. it keeps me sain, and i still lose a constant 2 pounds per week.

^I STILL LOG ON THESE DAYS!!!