Eat all you want and still lose weight???

Options
SuperSexyDork
SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
So, while bored at work, I peruse Medical News Today (I'm some type of uber geek/nerd hybrid- I read Game Informer at my daughter's doctor's appointment today. Don't judge me)

I came across this article, the headline reads, "Device That Pumps Food Straight Out Of Your Stomach Invented"
Inventors have created a device that lets people eat as much as they want, regardless of the calories, and then have one third of those calories sucked out of their stomach with a pump device called "AspireAssist".

For full text, go here but I'm warning you, it might turn your stomach a bit... http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/254755.php

So, would you or anyone you know actually use this device? What do you really think about it?

Edit: fixing the quote

Replies

• ilikepandasyay
    ilikepandasyay Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge cheater and really hate doing lots of work :P but honestly, I might. I'm not the target for this though, since I'm not considered obese. The idea is tempting tho :P
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge cheater and really hate doing lots of work :P but honestly, I might. I'm not the target for this though, since I'm not considered obese. The idea is tempting tho :P

I really don't like the idea.

I think of it kind of like medically facilitated bulimia. I don't think that's the message we should be giving people about losing weight.
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    That seems like it could lead to some awkward public restroom situations. Don't mind me, just emptying my stomach bag. Would you like some semi digested cookies?
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    automated bulimia.

sounds fantastic :huh:
  • fusion777
    fusion777 Posts: 197
    Options
    I saw it on the news, it totally creeped me out!
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    that takes binging and purging to a whole new level. jesus christ. and it doesn't fix the underlying problems that are driving people to eat too much. stupid IMO. sorry not sorry but this might be the dumbest thing i've ever read
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Umm... I think our bodies are equipped with something that does the same thing and it's labeled an eating disorder if people do it on purpose.

Also, pulling the food out doesn't always mean pulling the calories out, depending on the level of digestion that has already occurred.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    That sounds similar to what they do with severe bulimic or anorexic patients in treatment. They place sometimes places tubes in their stomach kindof like a feeding tube, but one patient found a way to pull food out of their stomach with it. sounds sick and twisted.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I don't even think it would work on me. Having a belly full of the foods I crave and sitting around letting my brain soak all those soothing chemicals up like a little sponge is probably why I am so binge-prone, not the actual taste of food or the act of eating it.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Fourth time I've seen this topic this week!! You'll probably get the same responses the other 3 did.

I do eat all I want and I still lose weight... and guess what? I don't need to get my stomach pumped! Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean everyone will go and get one :flowerforyou:
  • Astacia74
    Astacia74 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, we live in a society where people want instant results with as little effort as possible so, something like this will be a huge hit.

For me, personally, no way. I have a hard time dealing with the scoldings I ocassionally get from MFP for eating too few calories on my workout days :ohwell:
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    That's really awful.
  • whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    sounds like a way for bulimia to be ok. which its not
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options

I really don't like the idea.

I think of it kind of like medically facilitated bulimia. I don't think that's the message we should be giving people about losing weight.

THIS! It is just like bulimia!
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    may as well just go on a diet of eating dollar bills
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I eat food because I need it for energy, not because I like the taste. To me this seems pointless.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I read all day on MFP how not eating can make you fat.
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    No one's ever heard of self control? Shesh...
  • Proyecto_AN
    Options
    This is wrong on so many levels...
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    You know someone is going to make a lot of money off of this.