Giving up Coffee...suggestions for a Good TEA?????

Options

Replies

• ProjecThinspiration
    Options
    I love the morroccan mint tea by Stash teas. Its awesome! :)
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I love espresso/black coffee. No milk, no sugar...just coffee. About 2 calories!

I also love green, peppermint and earl grey tea.

If you have any boutique tea shops around go in there and you should be able to taste and smell all of them before you buy :)
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I have a new favorite-Yogi brand. It is called Mayan cocoa spice. Tastes like Mexican hot chocolate to me. I have become so fond of it, I orderd a bulk pack of 6 box X 16 teabags each from amazon. I feel like I'm cheating on my diet when I drink it, but I'm not, LOL!

I still drink coffee, too, but about 1/2 of what I used to. I'm sure the tea has caffeine in it, but I'm not really concerned about that. If you are, you might want to google it and see if it' any better than coffee.
  • Laruiz65
    Options
    I've been using the vanilla flavored liquid stevia with skim milk in my coffee. Or for a good tasting tea - try Bigelow Vanilla carmel (black tea based).
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Lipton has an orange tea that I love! Its fab!
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    chai or matte are both great i love teavana. if your a big coffee drinker they can get you some that have coffee tasting tones in them.
  • whitleynoel
    whitleynoel Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Coffee isn't bad for you. If it is the sugar/sweetened creamers you are concerned with I would gradually replace it with skim milk. I used to be a sweetened coffee drinker but now I drink with an ounce of 1% milk or black coffee. Your palate will change with time.

This! Cut yourself back on the creamer a little at a time. I like tea but dear God I love my coffee! I can drink it black and be a happy camper! :drinker:
  • wavdawg4
    wavdawg4 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I like Yogi teas and Celestial Seasonings teas.
    From the Yogi i really like Vanilla Spice - it's got caffeine and it's delicious. The stores around here that carried it don't seem to have it on the shelves anymore so I've had to branch out. I picked up Yogi- Green Tea Blueberry Slim Life, I have to add some sugar to it but it's tasty!
    I like Celestial Seasonings Cinnamon Apple Spice. I believe they also make the one that's called Bengal- delic!

It helps me get some water intake, keeps me warm, and the caffinated ones keep me going. ha!
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Republic of tea cuppa line of tea.. dessert teas like strawberry chocolate and peppermint cocoa...delish. No caffeine.

Teavana loose tea has dessert tea I pour in almond or coconut milk.
  • shakespearessister
    Options
    artoftea.com. The best handcrafted loose leaf tea. Their dessert teas are to die for. Vanilla berry truffle. Velvet tea. Chocolate monkey. Oh MY! That helped me lose weight because in the evenings when I wanted to graze, I would drink tea with a splash of cream and a bit of stevia.
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I love Bigelow Green Tea Chai
  • EMTboy
    EMTboy Posts: 5
    Options
    Teavana has lots of great loose leaf teas. I personally have about 30 diferent kinds, its great for a good cup anytime :)
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    bump
  • HollywoodDJ
    Options
    Coffee isn't bad for you. If it is the sugar/sweetened creamers you are concerned with I would gradually replace it with skim milk. I used to be a sweetened coffee drinker but now I drink with an ounce of 1% milk or black coffee. Your palate will change with time.

GREAT ADVICE! You don't have to give anything up and as far as your creamer is concerned ...you can change it to the powdered version and it's a lot less calories. 60 calories for 4 tsps. That's not bad!
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    check out davidstea.com or see if they have a store near you.

they have good stuff

I second David's tea! They sell a variety of flavors in loose leaves. A lot of them you don't need any flavors sweetener or milk because they are just that good on their own! One of my favourites is called "read my lips".. It tastes like hot chocolate but it's a tea!
  • MikeBenWilliams
    Options
    Any of the Yogi Brand Teas, especially their Super Antioxidant and Kombucha Green Tea and their BedTime Tea. :)
  • SkettiGurl
    SkettiGurl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    That green tea is what I start my day with when I'm at work (as it's a work supplied tea!). I LOVE infused green teas, not keen on it plain though. I love Licorice spice herbal and anything with ginger!
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Constant Comment Orange Pekoe Tea, Chai Tea, are both on the "spicy" side. Brown Rice Green Tea is naturally sweet. Coffee isn't bad just don't sweeten the heck out of it and stay away from non dairy creamers like coffee mate!
  • Garthamatic
    Garthamatic Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I swear by PG Tips in the morning and Typhoo decaf in the afternoons...
  • wildcard29
    wildcard29 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I love tea but I usually toss one package of french vanilla stevia in my tea for added sweetness when I'm craving that:)