Getting to skinny?

Options
Hey there everyone hope you all are having a good day! So I have been on this health and exercise journey for about 4 years now but my changes have actually been showing for the past two years. Since I started up again on Myfitnesspal I can really see a change in my body and so can everyone else. The problem I am having is people telling me over and over I'm "too skinny". I have never really been overweight but I've had those 10-15 pounds I could lose and tone up. I am just now getting to the point were I am starting to become comfortable in my body and proud! I am 5'3 and currently weighing about 130-128 lbs. I was thinking of getting down to 120lbs. I guess I am wanting everyone's opinion and see what you think? Am I getting to thin? I eat very healthy I believe and work out about 5 days a week doing cardio and strength training so it's not like I'm being unhealthy by not eating at all or harming my body. Just feeling a little down because I am putting so much work into my body and getting negativity back :(

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Based on your profile picture, I don't think you look "too skinny", but I don't think you look like you need to lose any either. Your profile says you want to be more "toned" - maybe stop trying to lose weight, and focus on strength training. If you're doing tons of cardio, perhaps cut back on that a little.

Btw I have very similar stats and I'm getting similar comment form people in real life, yet I don't feel like I'm "there" yet either. You look leaner than me though!
  • Jperez08
    Jperez08 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice! Yea It sucks the comments I hear too but I know I'm doing it the healthy way! And congrats on loosing 85 lbs! That's so awesome you should feel great about yourself :D
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I guess I am wanting everyone's opinion and see what you think? Am I getting to thin? I eat very healthy I believe and work out about 5 days a week doing cardio and strength training so it's not like I'm being unhealthy by not eating at all or harming my body.

How do you feel? Do you have energy every day? Are you sleeping well? Are you generally feeling positive and happy?

If you can answer yes to all of those then you are not too skinny IMO.