Two Months

Options
On June 11th I'm having surgery on my Achilles Tendon and will be laid up for two months in a cast. If you had two months to sit around (not much mobility allowed) what would you do?

Replies

• KimmyBee
    KimmyBee Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Id take the time to do nothing!

In my hectic lifestyle Id love nothing more than to spend a day relaxing in bed watching the day go by!

but I guess you wont want to be doing that every day for two months..
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Id take the time to do nothing!

In my hectic lifestyle Id love nothing more than to spend a day relaxing in bed watching the day go by!

but I guess you wont want to be doing that every day for two months..

I can only watch so much TV and read so many books. I was thinking of learning something new but wasn't sure what. It sound like a dream come true but it will be a long two months without something to do.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    If you're artistic, you could paint or draw...
    Or learn a language! Rosetta Stone! LOL
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    If you're artistic, you could paint or draw...
    Or learn a language! Rosetta Stone! LOL

That's a good idea! I thought of juggling but I hear it's not easy to do sitting.
  • minnesota
    minnesota Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    scrapbook, pottery class, organize drawers, go through photos...
  • mmrose00
    mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I would catch up on some reading! There are tons of books I want to read this this year!
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    scrapbook, pottery class, organize drawers, go through photos...

I like the photo idea. Unfortunately all of my stuff will be in storage due to my staying with my mom until the cast comes off and then I'll move into my new apartment. This is provided that I can find renters for my house before the surgery. I live in a two story and there are no first floor bedrooms. Plus I was moving out due to going to school fulltime and working part time...Can't keep up the mortgage on a part time salary. Geez, my life sounds like a train wreck! It's really not that bad. At least in three years when I graduate and I'm back in my house it won't be.
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    I would catch up on some reading! There are tons of books I want to read this this year!

I have many books saved for this time. I love to read and don't get to for fun much because of homework so I'll certainly catch up on my reading.
  • mam302
    mam302 Posts: 4
    Options
    How about knitting? I recently taught myself how and its a definite time-suck, but in a good way. Not only does it use up time but you're doing something productive at the same time. Its relatively inexpensive too which is always a plus. I've heard crocheting is easier but I've never tried it. I learned from a book, but you can find lessons online really easily. Good luck!
  • lab_goddess
    lab_goddess Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'd write a book...
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    How about knitting? I recently taught myself how and its a definite time-suck, but in a good way. Not only does it use up time but you're doing something productive at the same time. Its relatively inexpensive too which is always a plus. I've heard crocheting is easier but I've never tried it. I learned from a book, but you can find lessons online really easily. Good luck!

I like the knitting idea. I know the basics but have never msde anything. I wonder if there is a charity that you cand make baby blanets for, or maybe booties. I'd like my time to be productive as well as enjoyable if possible.
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    I'd write a book...

I have a good friend who has been pushing me to write a book for many yers. She says that I have a way with words, kind of like Erma Bombeck. Maybe this would be the time to do just that. It would have to be a short book if I were to write it in two months. :laugh: