Are my Calves too skinny? [pics]

Options
13»

Replies

• kellensdad
    kellensdad Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    No matter how hard you train them they won't grow. I have this exact problem. I suat over 400 and did four different Carl raises to try and hit all aspects of my calves, but they would not grow. They only got more defined. If you find something that works let me know.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    How are those images not safe for work?

Where are you working? Kabul?

Just looks like a bloke in swimming trunks to me.

Agreed, I wasn't at all offended by these pics, I see worse right outside my front door every day. No junk hanging out, nothing suggestive. if 1/3 of a guys covered buttocks are such a bad thing, don't ever go to the beach! ;)

Of course you weren't offended...

...?
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options

Agreed, I wasn't at all offended by these pics, I see worse right outside my front door every day. No junk hanging out, nothing suggestive. if 1/3 of a guys covered buttocks are such a bad thing, don't ever go to the beach! ;)

...?

I think they meant that you were too busy perving to be offended.....

(which I find equally as odd as the 'not safe for work' notion)
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I never had calf muscles until I started jogging. At kickboxing, part of our workout was to jog around the room for the first 10mins. We didn't do any calf-exercises or anything that made those muscles work much. The next day my calves ached so much! Of all places. Not to mention I had no cardio whatsoever so I even had to take breaks during that 10mins. I had sore calves for about 2 weeks and then I got used to it. And about 2 months later I had calf muscles!
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    ADD response/thought process:
    1.Calves.
    2. Cow.
    3. HANGRY.
    4. Mmmmmm STEAK!

Beefsteak it is.........

PS - nice chonies.
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    Running (on my forefoot with zero-drop shoes) has been amazing for my calves. I mean, they're not enormous, but the definition is pretty good.
  • minuteus
    Options
    That's a nice bottom bum.
  • jennine611
    Options
    From your back view, everything looks perfectly in proportion to me. In the front view, your calves look thinner than the back view so I'm guessing it's the angle of the pic that makes them look thin so I think you're just fine :-)
  • ang3h
    ang3h Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You might just genetically have small calves. Mine are huge whether or not I work out. My husband has tiny calves whether or not he works out.
  • RodSuarez
    RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    Options
    compared to my quads, thanks for the link very interesting
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    compared to my quads, thanks for the link very interesting

That would be in

beholder_70185.jpg
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Too tiny for what?
    I was thinking the same thing. Too skinny for the tastes of strangers on the Internet? I think your calves look nice and healthy.
  • RodSuarez
    Options
    Too tiny for what?
    I was thinking the same thing. Too skinny for the tastes of strangers on the Internet? I think your calves look nice and healthy.
    compared to my quads
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    To clarify my previous post, since I found my measuring tape... My quads are 22" and my calves are 16" and all I do is run. So my calves aren't a whole lot bigger than yours, but everything does at least look pretty proportional.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options

...?

I think they meant that you were too busy perving to be offended.....

(which I find equally as odd as the 'not safe for work' notion)

Fairly sure it's not 'perving' to view someones forum post. Weird. :ohwell:
  • RodSuarez
    Options
    I just got to say CherokeeBabe is gorgeous hehe