Striiv app

Options
How accurate do you guys think the striiv app is? It says I worked off 441 calories walking 7000 steps today. This seems a bit high to me.

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Not very accurate I don't think. Fun though!!!
  • jlfoster0427
    Options
    So you think if I type in the minutes i walked into MFP and let it calculate it that it would be more accurate?
  • jaz050465
    Options
    No neither are. Sorry
  • jlfoster0427
    Options
    How do you determine how many calories you burned? I have a job where I'm walking almost all day and would like to be able to count that in my exercise
  • shellbo6901
    Options
    I just got the app today and it says i took 844 steps. I didn't count my steps but for the time, i probably at most took 200 steps. I had my iphone in my back pocket. Where is everyone else carrying theirs?
  • jlfoster0427
    Options
    I carry mine in my hoodie or scrubs pocket. I can't tell how accurate it is because I work at a job where I walk a lot of the day and it said I walked 7000 steps today and I feel that could be right but who knows. Lol
  • karthurs1
    Options
    Calorie calculation takes into account the gender and weight as well as steps and cadence.
    So a heavier male is going to burn more calories than a lighter woman for example.

What are your stats if you don't mind sharing?
    And what was the distance that was shown for that 7000 steps?
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Fitbit is popular. Or you could get the STRIIV Play to go with the app. Most accurate I think is the Bodymediafit
  • Elayne10
    Elayne10 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    From what I've seen on the message boards, I think the Striiv pedometer is more accurate than the app. I have the pedometer and it registered 10,500 steps so far today, 342 stairs, 4.8 miles and 1137 calories burned. I walked at the track, did some treadmill and ski machine at home plus regular walking around. Being able to donate to charity and earning trophies and energy for the game is quite motivating and I find that I'm walking/moving a lot more than when I had a regular pedometer.