Polar FT40 HRM

Options
I just ordered my Polar FT40 HRM as an early 30th Bday present to myself (although my Bday isn't until March 17).....I'm so excited!! Just wondering who else has one and your experience with it?? Is it easy to use?

Replies

• GoffGirl1029
    GoffGirl1029 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I literally just ordered it today too! I'm havin' mine overnight shipped because I'm impatient like that and hope to get to use it tomorrow! I hope that it is as good as everyone claims it is!
  • kbodnaruk
    Options
    I just ordered one too! Where did y'all order from? Hoping it comes by next week - I didn't get a tracking number which isn't normal these days... Hmmmm I ordered from heart rate monitors USA - just hope it isn't a scam!!
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I've had one for a year now. Love it. Very easy to use.
  • mleparton
    Options
    I literally just ordered it today too! I'm havin' mine overnight shipped because I'm impatient like that and hope to get to use it tomorrow! I hope that it is as good as everyone claims it is!
    That's why I coulnd't wait until my Bday...haha! I'm so excited to get it hopefully tomorrow!
  • mleparton
    Options
    opps...couldn't
  • mleparton
    Options
    I got mine from Amazon
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I just got mine the other day, i'm lovin' it so far. seems to work great & it;s easy to use
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I just got my FT40 from heartratemonitorsusa last week. I had a few problems so just a heads up for anyone who ordered from them. When I ordered, I ordered the new H1 transmitter, as advertised on the site. Instead of the H1, I received the Wearlink transmitter (chest strap unit). I sent it back for the H1 after calling them and telling them of my plan. They assured me they'd send out the right HRM with the correct H1 transmitter. Well, they sent me another Wearlink! I called and spoke with a manager (my 3rd phone call to them) and it was clear the folks who do the packing and shipping have no idea what an H1 transmitter is vs. the Wearlink.

After my 3rd call, they sent out the right unit....with a dead battery! Of course, before I changed the battery I was freaking out thinking they sent me a bad unit. But, I changed the button 2025 battery and everything worked out fine.

I've ordered from HRMUSA before and had no problems. This transaction was EXTREMELY frustrating!! So, just make sure you check your transmitter to make sure you got the right one. The H1 is more comfortable and changing the battery is easier than the old Wearlink.

To the OP, I really like my FT40 and have used it for bootcamp, personal training and running. I found it accurate for my calories burned and it kept track of my HR very well, no dropping beats or erratic readings.
  • kbodnaruk
    Options
    Thanks walkdmc! Will be checking that when it arrives! Looking forward to using it - I have heard nothing but great things about it and great things about Polar products in general ;).
  • GoffGirl1029
    Options
    I just ordered one too! Where did y'all order from? Hoping it comes by next week - I didn't get a tracking number which isn't normal these days... Hmmmm I ordered from heart rate monitors USA - just hope it isn't a scam!!

I ordered mine from there as well, and used overnight air shipping which is why mine came with a tracking number so fast. I checked this morning and it was on a truck on it's way for delivery, so I'm pretty sure it's not a scam. I'll post back when it comes in just to be sure! :)
  • kbodnaruk
    Options
    Awesome - thanks GoffGirl! They sent me an email but it just had a subject with order # and some long number and letters but no content in the actual email. I emailed back and asked if there is a tracking number and haven't heard back.
  • GoffGirl1029
    Options
    So...the verdict is in! I received everything as described on the website from which I ordered. It was so easy to set up, and I used it for the first time and I love it! I feel like it kept up with my heart rate and I hope the calories burned were right. :) The chest strap for the transmitter is wonderful, I didn't even feel it there for the majority of the workout. I hope yall are as pleased with it as I am and happy training!
  • kbodnaruk
    Options
    I received mine too - and so far I love it. I have used it 3 times and it is MUCH more accurate than the "calories burned" on my runtastic app. Good luck in your weight loss and journey!!
  • F1uffy123
    F1uffy123 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 and absolutely love it. Had it for nearly 2 years now and have just had to change the battery.

So easy to use and results clearly displayed! I love the fact that it keeps a weekly log of everything too (i think the ft40 does the same)
  • mbaileyblock
    Options
    I've been looking into one of these to help with getting a more accurate calorie burn. Thanks so much for posting. :)
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    My FT40 has worked perfectly, it was easy to program & is easy to use. I love how it saves workouts & shows you the calories burned. ( I realize that the calories burned are still not exact but they seem WAY more accurate than what MFP gives me)
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    My FT40 has worked perfectly, it was easy to program & is easy to use. I love how it saves workouts & shows you the calories burned. ( I realize that the calories burned are still not exact but they seem WAY more accurate than what MFP gives me)

I think the calories burned are pretty accurate. I've compared notes with folks I do bootcamp workouts with and the HRM seems to be the most accurate for cardio-intensive workouts. For strength training workouts, I think it's a cr@pshoot and I'll usually take whatever calories MFP suggests in the activity calculator.
  • MyPsalm63
    MyPsalm63 Posts: 303
    Options
    I have the FT4 and LOVE It!!!!! Polar has GREAT products. I'm sure you love the FT40!
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I also bought my Polar FT4 on Amazon around a month or two ago and I really love it. It took minutes to set it up and is extremely simple to use.. no issues here :smile:

ETA: it was only $62 with free shipping when I bought it, which is significantly better than any other places I could find!
  • richh963
    richh963 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I,m going thru this very same problem as we speak, I waiting as of this morning for the second unit to arrive, it better be correct. a manager told me on the phone that they would personal pick the order in the warehouse. and make sure I got the right transmitter. H1 tranmitter model cost more than wearlink, I wonder if sending out the less expensive one is done often, hoping people wont catch on. I guess at this point I could not reccomend Heart Monitor USA. the manager claimed that polar has used the same stock # on the H1 and thats were the mix up happens, I was a plant operations Mgr. for a distribution company and the excuse doesnt fly with me. they could add a suffix to the H1 stock # so it would be shipped correctly.