Low calorie alcohol

Options
Help!!
I am having a girl night out on Saturday, and I need a low calorie drink to have.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Chanpagne and dry white wine has around 90 calories per glass (depends on the size of your glass, obviously!)

Vodka with a diet mixer like diet coke, or else vodka soda water and lime (not the lime cordial though)
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Vodka and slimline tonic

About 55 calories each woohoo!
  • DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    White wine and soda water Spitzer, same calories double the volume, half the need to buy the next drink.
  • dillydally123
    dillydally123 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Start with a triple vodka then you won't give a damn about calories

But seriously gin and slimline tonic is eighty Cals and I now make every second drink a water.
  • JacquiDawn
    Options
    Vodka and diet coke - live by it!
  • jadelucywatson1
    jadelucywatson1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Slimline G&T is 56cal for a single, 112 for a double. Vodka rather than gin takes it up to 58cal, 113 for a double. Unfortunately they are the skinniest drinks I know of.

The biggest challenge is to resist the pina colada cocktails and kebab on the way home if it's going to be a big night! It's really hard to make your friends understand that 'just one' really does make a difference, especially after a few drinks. But don't be too hard on yourself, just take it all in moderation!

Have a good night! :)
  • RunnerStephe
    RunnerStephe Posts: 2,195
    Options
    Skip diet coke. That stuff is poison to the human body. If you have to use soda go with the real thing. Personally I'd just go with water instead.
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    1g alcohol = 9 cal
    vodka or any 40+ % spirits would be low when compared to beer as you need to drink less to get drunk faster.
  • salsasally
    salsasally Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Vodka and diet coke. Foul, but does the job.... and....

DANCE DANCE DANCE.. cardio cardio cardio!

and try to avoid the late night fried food run, thats always been my downfall...
  • Scoochie1
    Scoochie1 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Drink what you like, then dance your *kitten* off :laugh:
  • EmzGetsFit
    Options
    Basically the lowest calorie is clear spirit with diet mixers.

My favourites are gin and slimline tonic or vodka and diet coke - but you can have whatever you like. vodka and slimline tonic is nice too or bacardi and diet coke.

Wine is another good choice since you usually wont drink it as fast - I know I'd usually have 4 glasses of wine in the same time as 6-8 spirit and mixers. Can have wine and soda too to make it an even longer drink.

Avoid any alcopops and beers and you should be fine :-) xx
  • Dragonflag07
    Dragonflag07 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    For me it's not so much the calories in the alcohol, but in the amount of food I want to eat afterwards/the next day and the potential for skipping the next days workout thats the problem. In the UK, we have alcohol free Kopparberg cider which is pretty good alternative to actually boozing.

Either way, have fun on your night out, I'm sure you deserve it!
  • akj_25
    akj_25 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    vodka, not bar rail brand, but good quality vodka is around 70 -90 calories per ounce then do a low cal mixer. i am a vodka diet mountain dew or diet coke drinker myself.

like others have said - try to avoid the late night greasy food fest. - choose pretzels instead.

but in the end it comes down to:

***** don't stress about calories for one day and have fun - one night is not going to make or break you ******
  • sweetloutennis
    Options
    gin and sour, one shot gin and two or three shots sour...........
  • Helenal91
    Options
    Thanks all. I will experiment and see which one i like. I will resist the kebab house. And if I do go then I will get pita with salad lol
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Since I dont know where you are from.. I am gonna suggest it : BEER! The Molson 67 as only 67 calories per bottle... but yes.. it's a light beer.
  • kculpepper07
    Options
    If you start at home I like vodka and crystal light. make sure to drink a lot of water. Have fun and dance!