No fast food day 3

Options
Done with day 3. Today really wasn't difficult because I worked out hard and did a lot of cleaning. This weekend will be the real test. My boyfriend and I only get to see each other on Fridays and Saturdays and we usually eat out. Wish me luck.

Kels

Replies

• Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Done with day 3. Today really wasn't difficult because I worked out hard and did a lot of cleaning. This weekend will be the real test. My boyfriend and I only get to see each other on Fridays and Saturdays and we usually eat out. Wish me luck.

Kels
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Good Luck:happy:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Good for you Kels!
    Check out this website:
    http://www.healthydiningfinder.com/site/

Find restaurants that have healthy dishes.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • Lexino
    Lexino Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh- It's been two weeks to the day for me, and I'm used to eating out/drive thru 2-3 times a week. I've barely thought about it for two weeks and then today chicken mcnuggets were calling my name!! Somehow I resisted, and hopefully I can keep it up. So good luck to you and wish me luck too :smile:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options

Kels

My hubby & I usually go out on Friday's. He works midnight shift as a correction officer so I see him very little during the week. I know what ya mean. Past two Fridays I have done very well. But, it took me a few week ends to smarten up. lol
    Sorry My eyes are failing

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Live4Adonai
    Options
    Wow! That's Great! I know how hard that is, especially when fast food is so easy. Now that I thinkg of it, It's been four days for me. Lean Cuisne has helped out since I'm usually hungry by the time I get home. Quick, Easy, and not bad tasting!
    Good Luck this weekend!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Stay strong! I sometimes eat fast food, but I quit for a long time and now the fast food burgers literally make me sick. I cannot even imagine eating one! It is such a great feeling!

I still eat the chicken (yeah i know it is bad for you too !) and occasional fries and LOVE the cherry turnovers at Arbys but fast food has very little draw any more. The thought of most of it grosses me out and the things I DO still like are now like a big treat when I do get them.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I found that to be true for me as well, the more you are away from it the easier it is to stay away - mainly cause when you try the overwhelming fat content will make you sick.. at least it does me. I do love french fries though and will have those occasionally.
  • fynendandi1
    fynendandi1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I think it is great that you are doing so well staying away from fast foods. i have not had any in 5 weeks and we were used to going almost daily. I have a challenge tonight my friend wants to go out to a mexican restaurant, I am on a low carb diet!!!!!!! All that rice and tortillas, this is going to be a mess. Any suggestions on something I can order that does not contain chips, tortillas, or rice?
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Stay strong! I sometimes eat fast food, but I quit for a long time and now the fast food burgers literally make me sick. I cannot even imagine eating one! It is such a great feeling!

I still eat the chicken (yeah i know it is bad for you too !) and occasional fries and LOVE the cherry turnovers at Arbys but fast food has very little draw any more. The thought of most of it grosses me out and the things I DO still like are now like a big treat when I do get them.

I hadn't had fast food in weeks and weeks; then about 3 weeks ago I went by a Hardee's (a chain here in the South) to get a hot dog I was craving. I used to love Hardee's hot dogs-could eat 3 at a setting. I got one, took one bite, and almost got sick. I could just taste how much sodium was in it--it was like licking a salt shaker! BLAAACCHHH! :sick: Ended up throwing it out after one bite.

I told hubby I guess I'm "ruined" for fast foods for life.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I think it is great that you are doing so well staying away from fast foods. i have not had any in 5 weeks and we were used to going almost daily. I have a challenge tonight my friend wants to go out to a mexican restaurant, I am on a low carb diet!!!!!!! All that rice and tortillas, this is going to be a mess. Any suggestions on something I can order that does not contain chips, tortillas, or rice?

Fajitas. Lots of meat with veggies. You can eat them with or without the tortillas, though those are relatively low carb compared to bread... I dont know the calorie count or anything though...

I am not a huge fan of Mexican food (other than quesadillas and sometimes fajitas) so whenever we go to the Mexican restaurant in town - every 3-4 months - I get Sopapilla Stars with Ice Cream (fried tortillas with honey and hersheys sauce with ice cream and whipped creme) as my meal!!! (I have to plan that one way in advance to make my calories for the day!!! :laugh: )
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I am not a huge fan of Mexican food (other than quesadillas and sometimes fajitas) so whenever we go to the Mexican restaurant in town - every 3-4 months - I get Sopapilla Stars with Ice Cream (fried tortillas with honey and hersheys sauce with ice cream and whipped creme) as my meal!!! (I have to plan that one way in advance to make my calories for the day!!! :laugh: )

I LOVE SOPAPILLAS!!!!! And I mean LOVE SOPAPILLAS! :love: