Need a little help

Options
I am following the 20% TDEE method for figuring out how many calories to eat. My BMR is 1430, my TDEE is 2372, so I am eating 20% of my TDEE which is 1898.

Correct me if any of this seems wrong to begin with...now on to my question.

I am a nursing mother to a 9 month old. He doesn't eat solid food, solely nurses. I know very well that it is very important to eat more cals when nursing because you burn calories just nursing. When he was a baby I was fine with eating 500 additional calories like the information said I should. Now that he is 9 months old I am just not sure anymore. Should I aim more towards 200-300 or stick with 500. Like I said he is still just nursing, no solid food. If I eat just my TDEE of 1898 and don't bother eating any extra calories for nursing that gives me a caloric intake of 1398 if I do burn 500 cals. That's the only reason I am worried, that is below my BMR.

Anyone have any advice to offer? Thanks!

Replies

• dori1979
    dori1979 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How is your milk supply? And are you losing weight? I, honestly, would ask your doctor and go by what he or she says but if your milk supply is not affected and you are losing weight, stay with what you are doing. If it's affecting either one of those then it may be time to reevaluate. Hope to help!!
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I haven't noticed any issues with my supply. The weight is coming off....very slowly but it's coming off.

Thanks!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    If your milk supply is good and you aren't loosing weight too fast I'd just leave it alone.