Options
    it's really good in coffee too!:drinker:
  • skiski
    skiski Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    just a suggestion that is yummy:

ryvita crackers (plain) x 2
    couple of spoons of nutella

crush the ryvita up well and mix with the nutella then take the mixture roll into small balls, place onto plate/tray and put into fridge until solid...eat at will!!!!

vary to taste & amount required... they help take the edge off the hunger & crub those sweet cravings...enjoy!

skiski xxx
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    1 Tbsp of Nutella is 80 calories and 5 g of fat.

The reason I started eating some, along with PB, us because I was finding I was cutting my fats out WAY too much. And the fact of the matter is, it isn't fat that makes you fat but how much food you are consuming all together. Yes, not eating too much fat is important, but you do need to make sure to eat enough. They are called "essental fats" for a reason!! :wink:

I have almonds and cashews around too but I figure if I am having an english muffin that has 8 g of fiber (The Thomas Light Multi-Grain)....with a tbsp of the nutella....it's a decent breakfast or snack and curbs my chocolate craving. I am telling you, the warm, toasted english muffin with the nutella! (it starts to melt)...It is SO good!
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I don't know about this.... I do NOT find Nutella to be satisfying AT ALL. Now, I can take a tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter, and chew on that for awhile, or put that on toast and that will satisfy me. But I do not think I will EVER be able to stop with only one spoon of Nutella. In fact, I might as well use the big serving spoon to save myself some time..................... After that I may as well take that darn serving spoon and slather it all over my belly, because when I finish the jar, that's where it's going to be!

It is THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT good :grumble:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I don't know about this.... I do NOT find Nutella to be satisfying AT ALL. Now, I can take a tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter, and chew on that for awhile, or put that on toast and that will satisfy me. But I do not think I will EVER be able to stop with only one spoon of Nutella. In fact, I might as well use the big serving spoon to save myself some time..................... After that I may as well take that darn serving spoon and slather it all over my belly, because when I finish the jar, that's where it's going to be!

It is THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT good :grumble:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    IS NUTELLA SOME KIND OF PEANUT BUTTER? I HAVE NOT HEARD OF IT BEFORE.

I haven't either, this is completely new to me to:happy:
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    all this nutella talk, i think i want some... ooo but i don't want to go over my cals.. i have 77 left for the day! :grumble:
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    all this nutella talk, i think i want some... ooo but i don't want to go over my cals.. i have 77 left for the day! :grumble:

i've changed some things around.. and now i can have my nutella! muwhaha :flowerforyou:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options

i've changed some things around.. and now i can have my nutella! muwhaha :flowerforyou:

to funny. I will have to look this stuff up.
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Nutella is a chocolate hazelnut spread. Someone in this thread likened it to creamy Godiva, and they were not far off. European chocolatiers use lots more hazelnuts than chocolatiers here in the states. So, if you've enjoyed a box of Godiva, you've had at least one creamy chocolate with hazelnut filling. So, this is in a jar like peanut butter, but is soooooooooooo decadent, but really good for you too.
  • timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    OMG now I want to go to the store and buy some of both :laugh:

Have never tried the Nutella... when I get back to regular foods I will have to try that :flowerforyou:

I love Nutella! But even better was the Crumpy Duo! ~smiling~

I am already coming up with recipes to make the Banana Cream Cheese Frosting! ~smiling~
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Okay, so all these posts of Nutella!! Usually I stay far, far, far away from this. We do have it as a 'staple' in our kitchen because my daughter and husband like to eat it and I am, USUALLY, able to overlook it when digging through the cupboards.

However, last night I thought I would just have one (little) spoon, which turned into two (little) spoons, which turned into three (a little bigger) spoons, which at the end turned into.....well, lets just say I don't even want to know how many calories, spoons, whatever that was. I was a huge piggy.....but it was soooooooo good! When I started thinking of putting it on butter cookies, I got my senses back and put the jar away.

Back on track this morning :smile: I hope :ohwell:
  • dandersson2
    dandersson2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    spead it and a little regular natural peanut butter on wheat bread and enjoy!!! Packing PROTIEN!!!!!!

I have to agree with you! I grew up eating Nutella, PB, and banana sandwiches on whole wheat bread. It was my favorite!

I make it a special treat, instead of ice cream or cookies... it is a bit healthier and ohhhh so yummy in my tummy. :tongue:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Nutella is a chocolate hazelnut spread. Someone in this thread likened it to creamy Godiva, and they were not far off. European chocolatiers use lots more hazelnuts than chocolatiers here in the states. So, if you've enjoyed a box of Godiva, you've had at least one creamy chocolate with hazelnut filling. So, this is in a jar like peanut butter, but is soooooooooooo decadent, but really good for you too.

It does have the European chocolate taste to it.

Actually it IS made from Ferraro, who makes the Ferraro Rocher.....soooo, that should pretty much tell you how it tastes!! HAHAHAHAHA! :devil:

I honestly don't know how I have the self-control with it. I just measure out my tbsp and thats that. Sometimes I am tempted to go back for more, but I don't!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: Totally laughing that this thread has taken off like this!!
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    OMG now I want to go to the store and buy some of both :laugh:

Have never tried the Nutella... when I get back to regular foods I will have to try that :flowerforyou:

I love Nutella! But even better was the Crumpy Duo! ~smiling~

I am already coming up with recipes to make the Banana Cream Cheese Frosting! ~smiling~

Make sure you share that recipe with us when you get it all figured out :tongue:
  • HBKHeather
    Options
    It is also great on Crapes. European pancakes. So awesome. Just make the thinest pancakes that you can about 6 inches in diameter, spread some Nutella on it and roll it up. SO YUMMY!!! Much better for you than sugary syrup and butter.
  • timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: Totally laughing that this thread has taken off like this!!

~laughing~

Too bad it wasnt a vegetable that did this for us!

The thread probably will make all of us gain about 10lbs as a collective whole!

I am getting some today... (and also the ingredients for the Banana Cream Cheese Frosting!)
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    @$%%%%!

Now I want some. . .why, God, why did I read this thread. Especially the part about the pancakes, and I have frozen gluten free waffles in the fridge.

Damn you, Nutella! MMMMMMM. . . .Nutella. . ..
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    @$%%%%!

Now I want some. . .why, God, why did I read this thread. Especially the part about the pancakes, and I have frozen gluten free waffles in the fridge.

Damn you, Nutella! MMMMMMM. . . .Nutella. . ..

Don't do it.....I posted this morning that I got into the Nutella last night because of reading all these!