running on empty

Options
Is it better to exercise after a long period of not eating...say first thing in the morning before eating OR is it better to have some food say an hour before a workout?

Replies

• Bert
    Bert Posts: 27
    Options
    Is it better to exercise after a long period of not eating...say first thing in the morning before eating OR is it better to have some food say an hour before a workout?
  • Mags
    Mags Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    hi

i tend to trick my body into burning calories straight off and then about half an hour after an hour's walking eat something like beans on toast; filling and full of fibre; you body is already burning what's it in and as you top up your keeping your metabolism on high

you need to make sure you have enough energy through diet to do this though or you won't enjoy, try it and see how it feels, if not eat before hand; it just suits me to go out first thing and then i can sit and enjoy

Mags

60770.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mickie
    mickie Posts: 183
    Options
    I can't workout without food in my stomach. I usually eat something with carbs to fuel my workout. Try both ways if you want, I'm sure your body will let you know which one is best for you.:happy: