Ladies around 5'4 that weighed around 160??

Options
I just need some motivation to get me going again, I can't really seem to find it... I lost like 25 pounds last year and gained 30 back.. if anyone has any before/after or progress pictures that would help or any kind of tricks that worked for them let me know, feel free to add me also :) the more the better!

Replies

• cramir73
    Options
    hey dont worry that happened to me last year i lost 40 and gained 45 but i started on the process again and ive lost 80lb !! im 5'1 not to tall and i was weighing about 235lb .... i started eating nothing but fish and salads 5 day out of the week not fried fish baked fish with veggies or baked fish alone or just with limon or salt .... on saturday was my cheat day and sunday i still ate food but didnt go all out ... on my work outs i did weight and inbetween every phase i ran 1 mile so that build muscle and burned calories at the same time .. now i still go to the gym but i dont kill myself i only go 3x a week and i eat ok not perfect but still good .. i kept off the pounds .. dont give up u can do it just push urself :)
  • Annieapple12
    Annieapple12 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am 5 foot 4. I started out at 170 and now weigh 164. I don’ think I look any different yet sadly. I have sent you a friend request as we have similar stats.
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    << I am 5'5", started 8 months ago on this journey to make a permanent change in my life to become healthy.

SW: 217
    GW:145>135 my Dr. says she will be happy if I reach 150 because I lift weights
    CW: 154<156 fluctuation

I was pre-Type II diabetic with high cholesterol and high blood pressure, taking meds for both.

4 months in I was off the diabetes medication. 6 months in - off BP meds.

Also, I am 20-25lbs HEAVIER than the last time I wore a size 8 pants and have NEVER fit into a medium top, until now.

You CAN succeed! :flowerforyou:
  • evereadysmile
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and I started at 163. Down to 130 now. Mostly from very moderate exercise and really, really, really sticking to MFP for tracking food. Took me about 6 months to lose that 30 lbs.
  • craftybirdy
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and started at 170, now at 160. I want to get down to 130-140. I've been lifting heavy so I'm slowly getting smaller with losing much weight. Hoping the scale with start moving again, but as long as I'm seeing a difference in the mirror, I'm happy.
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" ....started around 158. I am now down to 135-138 it fluctuates. Tomorrow is my one year anniversary so I am taking some progress pics to compare to what I was last year. I'm not done though, I still have about 5 lbs to lose and I am going to start working on the toning up.

23 lbs lost in a year was a very slow loss for me, I thought I would lose it much quicker. I wasn't very strict with myself though. I just weighed myself every day and if I saw it creeping up I knew I needed to adjust what I had been eating.
  • optimisticShark
    optimisticShark Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am 5'3" and weigh 186 pounds... Plan to lose 30 lbs first (may be by April end) and the gradually reduce another 10-12 lbs later while maintaining.
  • optimisticShark
    optimisticShark Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    What are you guys doing to reduce?? I work out 2 times a day 5 days a week. Lose around 800-900 calories daily with net intake of 1000-1200 calories.
  • 2013queen
    Options
    5'3, started at 162, currently 153, gw is 126.
    Doing a loooooooot of exercise and calorie counting like a bi@tch!
    Will let you know how that works out for me! Feel free to add :)
  • amandattown
    amandattown Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I'm 5'5 165. My motivation is knowing how much harder it is to lose a pound than it is to gain one back! I actually just had to reset my ticker from the holiday weight I gained and I'm so frustrated and disappointed in myself. But, I'm sick of the weight gain so the only option is to stay motivated and not give up! Log in every day, there's motivation everywhere! Feel free to add me if you want :)
  • NaEl1
    NaEl1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Ladies im in the same boat.. im 5'4 i started at 176 im now currently at 163 and its been hard trying to lose. My goal weight is about 140/145 ish.. i started in Sept to reach this goal and so far ive lost 14lbs.. Feel free to add me if you need any support!! :)
  • letobot
    letobot Posts: 205
    Options
    Hey this is me. I'm 5'4 and currently 165lbs. My highest was 172. For me this is a very slow process, and I attept to not get discouraged. I mix my workouts up to keep me interested. I am currently doing Les Mills Combat along with running and soccer. I am more paying attention to measurements than the scale, I find it more accurate. Add me if you want.