NHL Weekend!

Options
FGVC1188
FGVC1188 Posts: 122 Member
So, Hockey is back this weekend. Anybody going to their team's home opener? I'll be at MSG for Rangers v Penguins, can't wait!

Replies

• ellipse1
    ellipse1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am excited! I won't be going but will be watching :)
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I'll be at scottrade for Blues vs Red Wings. Game finally on.

Tryign to fill a MFP NHL fantasy league...

Feel free to join.

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/register/tos?league_id=21702&password=MFP2013
    League ID#: 21702
    Password: MFP2013
  • VitVit18
    VitVit18 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    In some ways I'm happy it's back, but I don't know if I want to watch.

And has anyone heard anything on PK Subban? I'm still pissed about Gomez... and PK's been suspiciously quiet on twitter this week...
  • BklynEibhlin
    BklynEibhlin Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm tempted - it's always fun to go in the beginning when you could pretend there's hope for your team.

/Islanders fan
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I can't...I haven't been to a Flyers home game since April of 2002 :cry: :cry: :cry:
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah! We are hosting a Blackhawks kill the Kings party at our house! :drinker:
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    My _crafty_ is going to be in town and we're going to the Blackhawks v Coyotes. She's a Chicago fan and I'm a huge Coyotes fan so we have a little bet on the outcome.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    My _crafty_ is going to be in town and we're going to the Blackhawks v Coyotes. She's a Chicago fan and I'm a huge Coyotes fan so we have a little bet on the outcome.

I think I like _crafty_

:heart:
  • kylejh
    kylejh Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm seriously considering paying $50 for NHL Game Center this year (discounted rate for the short season). I live outside of Toronto, but am NOT a Leafs fan. My teams are the Penguins and Oilers, and it is rare for me to be able to see their games on TV. Hockey Night in Canada is always either the Leafs or Habs for the early game on Saturday nights, but I do get to catch the Oilers on the HNIC late game occasionally. NHL Game Center would allow me to watch any game I want on my iPad or AppleTV.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I wish!!! but yay!!
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Don't poke the bear! Go Bruins!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    In some ways I'm happy it's back, but I don't know if I want to watch.

And has anyone heard anything on PK Subban? I'm still pissed about Gomez... and PK's been suspiciously quiet on twitter this week...

They are still in talks with him - nothing has been finalized yet. The fans here in Montreal are a bit rabid to get him on the ice.
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Will be parked squarely in front of tv! Rangers on both Sat & Sun!. Was really bummed when season was altered, planning on seeing them when they were going to be in Columbus!
  • HarleyQuinn_12
    HarleyQuinn_12 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Def having lots o' Jameson and watching the Blackhawks!

8390552762_c9458afe72_q.jpg
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Oh yah! Ended up with 6 lower level tickets to the Coyotes home opener. They were snatched up by friends/coworkers in seconds. LOL

Went to training camp on Monday, nothing like being back at the arena.

Not looking forward to all western conference teams this season though. I love when the Flyers come to town. I was walking behind Shelley and JvR on the way to the last game. They could not tell I was a fan though because I was wearing my Coyotes jersey over my Flyers hoodie. :laugh:
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I'll be watching my team on TV. Tickets are sold out. Not surprised though, we Canadians love our hockey!! Go Canucks!!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    TRIPLE HEADER FOR US CANUCKS! OH YEAH! WINGS< HOCKEY<BOOZE!
  • GluttonousGirl
    GluttonousGirl Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Lets go Buffalo!!!!
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Suffering from serious withdrawal symptoms here. We lost our local CHL team and with the Stars being 10 hours away. I will be planted in from of the tube this weekend!