Replies

• Kath1391
    Kath1391 Posts: 138
    Options
    I adore my tea! usually have about three cups a day
  • Touched670
    Touched670 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am from the south...where sweetened (an understatement) iced tea is as common as breathing. I use to drink a gallon of it alone a day! I did cut it out cold turkey for about two years. I have recently allowed myself to enjoy a glass a night (sweetened with Splenda) with dinner....if I have met my water quota for the day.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I love tea, artificially sweetened (though when I have the chance I use truvia/stevia).

My intake ranges anywhere from 1-4L per day depending on what I have going on and how busy I am.
  • Kayciemae02
    Kayciemae02 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I used to be a cappuccino drinker, but I've been trying to ween myself off of that. Too many calories! I love chai tea. Lately I've been drinking green tea - cranberry pomegranate flavored. I drink mine with a little honey as sweetener.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I'm canadian and I've tried 'Sweet Tea' .. ick! LOL

However, I love herbal teas plain, hot and 'black'... I drink a lot of gree tea. I go to David's tea and pick up flavoured herbal teas, I love them!
  • Shara126
    Shara126 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I just finished up a cup of Bigelow Pomegranate Green Tea and I am considering having another:)
  • Luvmyboxerboy
    Luvmyboxerboy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Love my tea and I would never give it up....ever, ever, ever! :)
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Heck no. Tea is so good for you, green or black. You could try decaf but then you need to do some research because there is more than one kind of decaffeination process and the direct solvent method can leave behind chemicals that are not good for you.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my tea!!!! I don't see it as an issue... I usually drink about 100 oz of pure water, so I'm getting plenty of that... but I love having my tea.. .I have a Keurig so I like using that for brewing all different types of hot and cold teas... :drinker:
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my tea. I thrive on caffeine... I could possibly die if I didn't have it; or at least get withdrawal migraines. My fave caff teas are Bigelow Earl Grey and Raspberry Royale, Tzao Chai, Yerba Mate original, Two Leaves and a Bud Mountain Berry and chamomille or seven blossoms decaf before bed. Love it hot with a little Coffeemate Natural Bliss Sweet Cream or iced with lemon, no sugar. For iced tea - I LOVE China Mist Passion Fruit or Fiesta Breeze, Tropical Tea (but I can't find it here in CO - boo!) and Lipton Green with Peach. Yum... gonna go make tea now....
  • xiofett
    xiofett Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I haven't been drinking as much tea as I used to, but I'm particularly fond of Taylors of Harrogate's Scottish Breakfast and Yorkshire Earl Grey. Being a Southerner, I do love some sweet iced tea as well, although I've cut back a LOT on the amount of sugar. My girlfriend was shocked the first couple of times I ordered unsweetened tea at dinner. :)
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Nothing like a steamy cup of Barry's Irish Gold Blend on a cold night. Then again, I drink a LOT of coffee, so tea actually calms me down. I also really like a lot of the Tazo and Celestial Seasonings blends. I don't use any milk or sugar in any of my teas. Or coffee, for that matter, unless it's a Starbucks treat. :)
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    P.S. My favorites are Stash Super Irish Breakfast and Republic of Tea Passionfruit Papaya.
  • ULTRAC12
    ULTRAC12 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Tea lover right here. I have about 5 flavors here at my desk at work.. All decaf. Love Bigelow Pomegranate Pizzazz. Have kicked the caffeine habit twice now. Working on a 3rd time because it affects my sleep.... But I love Dr. Pepper too..... Ahh, such is life.!!!
  • triathlete5301
    triathlete5301 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I used to be heavily addicted to caffeine. I would drink coffee, pop, monster, you name it! Now, I am at a few cups of tea or coffee a day, no pop. It has helped me feel more energized! I would say you need to decrease your intake first, otherwise you will end up with nasty headache. Maybe switch one for decaf (still has some caffeine) but it will help you wean off. But as many have already said, you could be drinking worse things.
  • DLH070911
    DLH070911 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Big tea drinker, ever since I was a baby (thanks to my parents, who didn't drink coffee at home). My most absolute fave is vanilla chai. YUM.

25707518.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I love Tea! I drink hot tea when I'm sick or cold. I make sun tea in the summer. I drink it year round. 95% of the time it's unsweetened iced tea that I will order at restaurants. Depending on the strength of flavors and whatnot determines what I put in my tea if anything. I like honey in my hot teas, splenda in my iced. Some plain black teas just need a little lemon.
    I'm not that picky about my tea, I just don't ever have or use Lipton because they test their tea on animals by giving the test rabbits and mice human diseases like arthritis, cancer, and diabetes and then see if their tea will "cure" the animal in any way... 99% of these animals die painful deaths because tea, while having caffeine and being an anti-inflammatory, is not going to flat out cure anything... except thirst. I wish food and drug companies wouldn't test on innocent animals and use the lifers we have in prison... Of course that would be cruel and unusual, but to do it to some bunnies and rodents, that's just "normal" :grumble:
    But I digress! Enjoy your cruelty free teas like Bigelow and Celestial Seasonings! :drinker:
  • Itzli
    Itzli Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I gave up coffee for tea. I got really sick with bronchitis and started drinking teas with fresh squeezed lemon and and got hooked. I'm an equal opportunity tea drinker, but my favs are yerba mate, chai black tea, chamomile and berry teas. No sweetner. :smile:
  • aprilgay8
    Options
    I use to drink coffee from the time that I woke up until about 3 in the afternoon. I am water only now and have been for about 2 months now. At first it was hard and the first couple of days I had a killer headache. Now, I feel like water gives me more energy than coffee ever did.
  • qterrible
    qterrible Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    8EGBR.jpg
    That's the collection of tea my roommate and I currently have in our dorm plus I just bought a few more teas...
    I adore the stuff and since I don't really notice the caffeine effects I couldn't give it up.