Favorite Protein Shakes?

Options
What is your favorite shake, any suggestions on what protein to buy??

Thanks! :)

Replies

• purpleprose
    Options
    I love BSN's Syntha-6. Comes in good flavors and tastes good.
  • Yammii
    Yammii Posts: 15
    Options
    I swear by Shakeology...
  • murphyannette
    Options
    I tried the Naked Protein Shake and it was HORRIBLE! I do however, like the Strawberry...hmmmmm good!
  • kelsey678
    Options
    EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control are good. They are tasty, not too big and have a good amount of protein.
  • wrotruck
    wrotruck Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard pre and post workouts and Optimum Nutrition 100% Casein Protein at night before bed.

I am a big fan of the Strawberry Flavor!

As far as what type of protein to buy... that really depends on what your goals are in using it and how you set up your training regiments..
  • Frozen300
    Frozen300 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Whey, high quality, fair price and all the flavours are great.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard pre and post workouts and Optimum Nutrition 100% Casein Protein at night before bed.

I am a big fan of the Strawberry Flavor!

I agree with everything in this post EXCEPT the strawberry flavor. Oh god, eww. I have like a 5lb jug of it that i refuse to use because it's so disgusting. This is the ONLY flavor protein i can't stand!!!

Optimum nutrition Gold Standard (ANY flavor but strawberry). Dymatize Elite Whey.

I would say syntha 6 although it has significantly more calories/protein than the above. It tastes great though. <3
  • TWhaylen
    Options
    EAS Myoplex Light ready to drink shakes!! Gives you a lot of vitamins and 20g of protein per 11oz bottle. It has half the fat of the Original Myoplex shake, which I can do without. I also will use the powder form from EAS for shakes from time to time. I mainly drink my shakes after I complete a workout or run. If I am on a day where I am not able to workout in any form I will sometimes drink a shake BUT only if I feel that I am not going to meet my protein goals for that day from other food sources.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Lots of good proteins out there... can't go wrong with Optimum Nutrition stuff.

As for a shake... milk, ice cream (vanilla or chocolate, depending how how your protein tastes), ice, chocolate protein powder, sometimes peanut butter.
  • imtrinat
    imtrinat Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Syntha 6 as a protein supplement and Herbalife for meal replacements. Syntha 6 tastes much better with milk. Herbalife tastes good blended with water and ice. Of all the shakes I've tried, Herbalife is the only one I can use as a meal replacement that tastes good, doesnt give me indigestion, and actually fills me up. It's extremely expensive though and lots of people dont like it because of the selling tactics involved. Syntha six packs a lot of protein for the calorie content and Herbalife provides a lot of vitamins. This is going to get a lot of different answers though. People are picky about their shakes and for many different reasons.
  • jc1231
    jc1231 Posts: 67
    Options
    I also like Syntha 6. I have tried a few flavors though and like chocolate the best. Not a fan of the cookies and cream.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    If you like gingerbread, Oxygen magazine has a recipe for a delicious Gingerbread cookie shake: 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1/2 cup vanilla enriched Rice Dream, 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 T molasses, and ice cubes. Blend and drink ! Mmmmmm

I also like a Creamsicle, which is a cup of orange juice (I get the Healthy kids kind with extra calcium and vitamins), half a scoop of vanilla protein powder (I’ve been getting spirulina), and a lowfat vanilla yogurt. Blend and drink.

Last but not least, for a change, I blend a cup of orange juice (I get the Healthy kids kind with extra calcium and vitamins), half a scoop of chocolate protein powder (I’ve been getting spirulina), and a lowfat coffee yogurt. Also good!
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein 100% Whey - Chocolate....takes like CHOCOLATE!!!! lol
  • MightySpacy
    Options
    Did you know that the average persons diet already contains more protein than one should have in their diet? If you are wanting a protein shake strictly for after a workout chances are it's not necessary and you should just eat a normal meal instead. Personally I replace 2 meals a day with shakes because I sit on my *kitten* all day at a computer LOL I do Shakeology for breaky and Visalus for lunch. Both are good, however, a comparison of calories, carbs, fat, protien, sodium and sugar through this site for both show that Shakeology has more of everything in it.... to me that's not such a good thing (especially the sugar count). Also, Shakeology costs me more for 1 bag delivered to my house then 2 bags of Visalus delivered. (double in fact). So, I'll only be doing the Shakeology for one more month (if the bag ever gets here) and then it will be back to Visalus for both breaky and lunch. Oh and on a side note, I prefer the texture and flavor of the Visalus over the Shakeology as well :)
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    PHD Synergy ISO 7 Chocolate Orange flavour uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Did you know that the average persons diet already contains more protein than one should have in their diet?

Wrong
  • jha1223
    jha1223 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Double Rich Chocolate. Awesome. I get mine from Amazon.
  • kerrylee54
    Options
    bump
  • angrybutter
    angrybutter Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Check out True Nutrition's formulas, they are a local company for me (San Diego) and there is ALOT of options on their website. About 120 calories for a 30g serving of the whey protein post-workout mix that I buy. I use their natural premium chocolate and strawberries n creme flavors, sweetened with Stevia. Dissolves really well in water so it's really quick and easy. I usually drink for breakfast and after a workout, when blended with milk it's actually rather filling.
  • danninicole4887
    danninicole4887 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i have been doing vialus for about 2 months. I am starting to get strict on myself with it now since i didn't see the results i wanted. I wasn't really trying was still eating a lot of junk a lot with the shakes. but now that I am acutally doing what I am supposed i ♥ it. The shakes taste great you can make them however you want. They do keep you really full too.