Wing lovers please unite

Options

Replies

• spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I just go get Buffalo Wild Wings, so much easier than making them at home!

^ this. I love chicken wings but when I want them, I want them now and I don't want to put a lot of effort into it. Plus, they bring me beer. Win!

Wings and beer = win/win.
  • abrewer563
    Options
    Mmmm old bay wings! :love:

Of course you can only get old bay in MD.
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I just go get Buffalo Wild Wings, so much easier than making them at home!

^ this. I love chicken wings but when I want them, I want them now and I don't want to put a lot of effort into it. Plus, they bring me beer. Win!

They bring me frozen Primo Margaritas....I think I know where I'm going tonight!
  • Phxflyer
    Phxflyer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Franks sauce is awesome, or a mix of Tobassco, small amount of butter, white vinegar, Worsectershire sauce, garlic and a pinch of sauce. And always, ALWAYS, bake the the wings.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Quaker Steak & Lube's Arizona Ranch and Louisiana Lickers sauces. NOM.
  • sarafay80
    sarafay80 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I buy some full size wings from a local meat market. Take off the skin (best as I can). Toss on some McCormicks Kick'n Chicken seasoning and rub on a little real butter. Bake them at 400 for like 10 -12 minutes. Toss in Franks Buffalo sauce.

Great alternative to satisfy cravings and lower in calories as the sauce has NO calories. BUT the sodium is still high.
  • estjames
    Options
    I have baked them skin on adding a dry rub of spices, then coated them with Frank's and a bit of butter.

I have also baked them with the skin off, I sprayed the pan with olive oil added the chicken, Frank's, and spices (red pepper, garlic powder, onion powder), then mixed it all to coat the chicken. Cover with foil and bake.
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,263 Member
    Options
    I bake them...add a rack to the pan...it helps with crispness. Turn on the broiler for a minute or two at the end. Add the sauce...my latest sauce is Franks, lime juice and red pepper jelly. Sweet & spicy...scrumptious. I only have wings now for a special treat...but not totally giving them up. Or the margarita that goes with them. The next day an extra workout and lots of water.

Not on a diet...lifestyle change.
  • JDelphiki
    JDelphiki Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    If you like Teryaki marinade I use this with either breast or thighs.

http://www.theyummylife.com/honey_teriyaki_hot_wings
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I love wings...spicy wings, tangy wings, sweet and spicy and tangy wings...baked wings, fried wings, grilled wings....can't help you with the calories though...I don't count when I'm doin' wings.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I love wings.... seriously. I can take out an embarrassing amount of wings.

If I make them at home, I just use franks/butter/garlic, super easy. I'm the only person in my house that really likes them though so it's rare. :)
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    We bake our wings and put a dry rub on them :)
  • NinaSymone
    NinaSymone Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I made wings last night. I seasoned the wings with garlic & herb,garlic salt, pepper. I baked them until slightly crisp and then added two tablespoon of parmesan cheese to coat. Screaming good!
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    omg! This is me. I <3 wings, if it wasn't for me trying to get healthy I would be still going out for wing nights every week... or twice a week LOL.
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Now, I don't want to get shot for blasphemy here... but if you're craving buffalo wings but don't want to splurge on calories or cash, buffalo cauliflower bites work really well.

I tried this recipe last week and it was pretty tasty: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/01/spicy-buffalo-cauliflower-bites.html#more
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Yes! We can form Voltron!
  • gemaudlin
    Options
    What I do when I'm REALLY craving buffalo but can't have the extra calories... is I fry up some fresh cauliflower and soak em in franks hot sauce. I dip them in low cal bleu cheese dressing. It's significantly less calories, and actually pretty delicious. :)
  • ktgerl112
    ktgerl112 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too am a wings lover and when I found a low fat version I was so excited!! Heres what I do:

Ingredients:
    - 1 spray olive oil cooking spray, or enough to coat sheet
    - 12 oz uncooked chicken wings
    - 1 1/4 oz Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix, or similar product
    - 1 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
    For the dipping sauce:
    - 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
    - 2 tbsp blue cheese, or gorgonzola, crumbled
    - 2 tbsp fat-free skim milk
    - 4 medium stalks celery, cut into 2-inch pieces

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
    Dip wings in Frank’s Red Hot Sauce. Then, place chicken wings in a zip-close plastic bag, add taco seasoning, seal bag and shake to coat. Transfer wings to prepared baking sheet and bake until cooked through, about 18 to 20 minutes.
    Meanwhile, to prepare dip, whisk together sour cream, cheese and milk.
    Serve wings with dip and celery on the side. Recipe makes 4 servings.

Hope you enjoy!!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,811 Member
    Options
    http://www.daydreamkitchen.com/2012/12/spicy-buffalo-cauliflower/

just made these, they are buffalo wings for vegans, cauliflower wings :) delish :happy:
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    http://www.daydreamkitchen.com/2012/12/spicy-buffalo-cauliflower/

just made these, they are buffalo wings for vegans, cauliflower wings :) delish :happy:
    Definitely trying this! We are a wing eating family. I marinate them first in a mix of italian dressing and soy sauce, then toss them in hot sauce half way through baking. Soooo yum!