Today's NSV that helped me keep going

Options
So this week I have been very frustrated since I have not seemed to be losing anything and my measurements have not changed much at all. I knew after upping my calories the first of the year I would go through an adjustment period but it really got to me this week because I wanted to see results faster (yes I am impatient lol) Well, last night I was really discouraged after my workout and was thinking to myself why even keep doing this? Well, this morning while I was getting dressed I happened to step in front of the mirror and noticed that while I was still basically the same size as before the little rolls of fat on my back were missing. After looking some more I started to notice that I was starting to show some muscle where previously had been just flab. Just for the heck of it I pulled out a pair of jeans that were a little too tight last summer and I am happy to say I am wearing them at work today :) I don't know why my numbers aren't moving much but I definitely have my motivation back and am in this for the long run! I guess for me as long as my body is changing I don't care what the scale says and today definitely showed that I am improving even if its at a really slow pace!

Replies

• green022
    green022 Posts: 115
    Options
    Well, last night I was really discouraged after my workout and was thinking to myself why even keep doing this? Well, this morning while I was getting dressed I happened to step in front of the mirror and noticed that while I was still basically the same size as before the little rolls of fat on my back were missing. After looking some more I started to notice that I was starting to show some muscle where previously had been just flab. Just for the heck of it I pulled out a pair of jeans that were a little too tight last summer and I am happy to say I am wearing them at work today :)

Thats great! I love when that happens
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Great job! The scale is only one indicator of our success! And not always the best indicator. Keep up the good work!
  • SpydrrVay
    Options
    YAY!!! Don't give up :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!