Need breakfast ideas ASAP

Options
thenewaudbbgirl
thenewaudbbgirl Posts: 14 Member
I am no good at coming up with new things to make for breakfast...seems like during the week I eat oatmeal or some kind of granola bar at my desk and then the weekends it is always eggs and turkey bacon. Anyone have any really filling, easy, tastey breakfast ideas for a family of 3 on the weekends and me when I need something on the go through the week??
Can not wait to see the ideas.

Replies

• DLH070911
    DLH070911 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've been making omlets a lot lately....there are a gazillion different ingrediants to use (veggies, meats) and I find it filling and healthy. My favorite thing to put on them is a little salsa. Mmmm.

Waiting on some other ideas too.... :)
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    People have been posting their breakfasts on this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/835371-what-s-for-breakfast

Lots of good ideas!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Frozen whole grain waffle with pb.
  • Jen21878
    Jen21878 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Egg Muffins! I swear by them! They are so good b/c you can make them your own!

Easy to make and already prepared for the morning! :)
  • Kitsada
    Kitsada Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Fast and easy... greek yogurt, maybe with a bit of granola in it... hard boiled eggs... sometimes when I'm really busy I'll just have some string cheese.

I often stop at dunkin donuts and get either the plain oatmeal or 'splurge' on grilled cheese on flatbread (370 cal).

Subway makes nice little 3 inch morning sandwiches with eggwhite plus bacon/ham/cheese veggies etc that are ~200 cal.

I just bought to try saw in someones diary... special k frozen breakfast sandwiches, flatbread/bacon/cheese ~200 or less, will see how those are.

On the weekend, I'm more likely to fry an egg and have with sandwich thin... or maybe a little pb/j on a sandwich thin.
  • 80lbslost
    80lbslost Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I second the Greek yogurt. Today I had 1/2 cup plain yogurt with 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/2 banana and 1/8 cup walnuts. It's under 300 calories and super healthy!
  • mjmom2
    mjmom2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    TRY WHOLE WHEAT WRAPS WITH 1EGG/1EGG WHITE SCRAMBLED WITH COLORFUL PEPPERS AND ONIONS AND JUST A TOUCH OF LOWFAT SHREDDED CHEESE

I ALSO EAT NUTRIBULLET SHAKES WHICH CONSIST OF A VEGGIE AND 2-3 FRUIT CHOICES BLENDED WITH WATER WHICH MAKE GREAT FILLING SHAKES FOR MORNINGS ON THE RUN

MULTIGRAIN CHEERIOS AND SHREDDED WHEAT WITH A BANANA ARE ALSO QUICK MEALS THAT CAN BE PACKED
  • _TEMPEST_
    _TEMPEST_ Posts: 205
    Options
    Greek yogurt here too!
    1 cup of Fage plain greek yogurt with some fresh berries or melon is my go-to breakfast. Skip the granola.
    Oh, and coffee...with a side of coffee.
  • busywifehealthylife
    Options
    I like some toasted Ezekiel bread topped with almond butter and sliced banana. This weekend I am going to make a clean eating blueberry french toast casserole from graciouspantry.com. Haven't made it yet but it sounds really good. Recently I also made a southwestern egg casserole dish on a weekend from the cookbook Everybody Cooks. It was really tasty and not bad on the calories/fat/carbs.

I know you said you are already doing oatmeal but my favorite breakfast a few times a week is a "bowl of goodness". I start with a base of old fashioned oats cooked in almond milk and then mix in a whole bunch of stuff: unsweetened cocoa powder, cinnamon, berries, banana or raisins, vanilla extract, chia seeds, peanut butter or almond butter, plain non fat greek yogurt. Just a little bit of everything. It's soooo satisfying and as long as you only use a little of each mix in, it's not high in calories/fat/carbs.

http://busywifehealthylife.blogspot.com/
  • mpnet04
    mpnet04 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I toast a slice of Cinnamon & Raisin Ezekiel bread with a thin layer of peanut butter on top, a piece of fresh fruit (1/2 slice of apple, orange, or banana) and a cup of coffee. Sometimes, I have a cup of mint tea.wink:
  • Siseen76
    Siseen76 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Fage 2% Greek yogurt with some fresh or frozen fruits, I found the Special K breakfast sandwiches are very tasty. have them alot for breakfast due to the convenience of popping them in the microwave & i can eat them in the care with a cup of tea and I'm good!
    Try the yogurt with grapes very tasty & refreshing!!:love:
  • gemaudlin
    Options
    Lately I've been using a lot of turkey sausage. They have 2 packs of turkey sausage patties from jimmy dean. They are only 90 calories for the 2 of them. I also have the 90 calorie muffins. I fry up some egg whites and voila! 2 egg and sausage muffins for 300 calories! They are absolutely delcious too! I also like the turkey sausage crumbles that they sell. I cut up one potato, green peppers, tomatoes, onions and fry them together. Add in the sausage. And then mix in with some egg whites. top it off with a little bit of shredded cheese. Tastes amazing. Had that this morning at 7 and am JUST now getting hungry for lunch! :)
  • khemory
    khemory Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    bump:flowerforyou:
  • tomsawyerv
    Options
    I love making quiche in muffin pans, which helps with portion control, and you can make a batch over the weekend, refrigerate and then heat them up in the morning if you're pressed for time. You can find recipes all over on the internet, and tweak them to your particular taste and diet.
  • Dennis8269
    Dennis8269 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like to make omlets with egg beaters, 2% mozzerella or provolone cheese and fire roasted salsa. A equivilant two egg omlet has less than 170 cal.
  • kazmurphblin
    kazmurphblin Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Egg on toast! num num!!
  • layfield101
    Options
    I make ahead egg whites. about 3. then I put it on an English muffin with weight watcher's cheese slice. It isn't bad for you, and if you take that yolk out, it way less calories for the eggs. I put it all in fridge then heat it up in the morning.
  • asaralee3
    asaralee3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Check out this thread!

I think it sounds delish..and easy

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/711823-breakfast-quiche-muffins-74-calories-each
  • jennmariepantoja
    jennmariepantoja Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Today I had a slice of whole wheat toast topped with 1 egg white, roma tomatoes, a pinch of shredded mozzarella and a good sprinkling of dried parsley!
    It was yummy and filling :)