Wing lovers please unite

Options
13»

Replies

• paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am a wing addict. I don't think I can fit them into my new healthy eating lifestyle, at least not now. I have a serious weakness for wings and can't imagine having to restrict myself to 1 or 2 wings. I would rather go without. :cry:

This is how I feel. I was shocked to learn wings you get at a restaurant are around 100 calories a piece. I could easily eat 8-10 of them.

So I go without except on my cheat days.
  • jroleary21
    Options
    Well the good ole way to make wing sauce is Frank's or Texas Pete's mixed with a little melted butter. You can add some garlic powder if you like that too. Then just toss in freshly fried wings.
    My calorie saver method is to grill or broil the wings toss them in the sauce minus the butter and then grill or broil them again to get them crispy.
    I also make my own blue cheese with low fat sour cream and blue cheese chunks.

Damn it.... now im hungry.
  • amyj000
    amyj000 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this has been posted, but The Gracious Pantry blog has a great recipe for wings.

http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-buffalo-wings/
  • MikeRLeon
    Options
    Heard that. Wings are awesome.
  • meshamoo
    meshamoo Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dtreg35
    dtreg35 Posts: 93
    Options
    I just go get Buffalo Wild Wings, so much easier than making them at home!

ummmm, Buffalo Wild Wings sucks!!!!!!!!!!!
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I LOVE wings!! But lately I have been buying skinless boneless chicken thighs to make them. I season the thighs with salt and pepper. Then I pan fry them until they have a crispy outside. I cut them into wing size pieces, place them on a baking pan and put them in the oven at 400 to finish cooking them and get even more crispy. When they are done to my liking I take them out and douse them with Franks wing sauce. DELISH!!
  • MikeRLeon
    Options
    Sounds great, do you have the calorie count on it?
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I am a wing addict. I don't think I can fit them into my new healthy eating lifestyle, at least not now. I have a serious weakness for wings and can't imagine having to restrict myself to 1 or 2 wings. I would rather go without. :cry:

This is how I feel. I was shocked to learn wings you get at a restaurant are around 100 calories a piece. I could easily eat 8-10 of them.

So I go without except on my cheat days.

8-10.......... I can easily eat three dozen. No, I'm not kidding. lol. My two favorite words... "Wing Night"... and I was raised where the original Quaker Steak and Lube is! Wings are in my blood.
  • roro73
    roro73 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I know this is a little different than wings, but when I'm trying to save on calories, I've been known to gril a chicken breast then just dip it in in franks...it's deliscious!!
  • BootyShakingBadAss
    BootyShakingBadAss Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    It's not the real thing but definitely an acceptable sub. Well I think so anyway....

http://www.thecurvycarrot.com/2012/08/18/buffalo-chicken-vegetarian-style/
  • loadsandloads
    loadsandloads Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    bump for later

I love Frank's too but the sodium is off the chart!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    ummmm, Buffalo Wild Wings sucks!!!!!!!!!!!

Completely agree, I have been to dive bars that have wing night specials that have better wings than BW3's..

As for when I want wings, I do a boneless type recipe, cut up about 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts.. marinade them in sweet baby ray's buffalo wing sauce, bake em, all while covering them with sauce every 15 minutes, then broil at the end, take out and eat.. They are good without the breading normally on boneless and way less calories.. Of course I love adding ranch to em at the end, so ya.. another story there.