To View or Not to View other people's Diary?

Options
I am wondering if people find it more motivating to view other people's diary?

Replies

• deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I like to look at my friends diaries. Sometimes I get inspired by their choices, find a new food, or a different way to use something.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    It is for me. Gives me food ideas. Especially since I have to eat a lot more than I want to sometimes. Helps me find calorie dense foods that are still healthy.
  • mfclingan
    mfclingan Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Definitely! There may be a food out there that I'm missing that I could LOVE but just need to be introduced or reminded of it's existence!
  • Jessiebell527
    Jessiebell527 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Great for food ideas, and sometimes it's just funny...Question: "Why am I not losing Weight?" ANswer: "Because you ate 2 pizzas today"
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I do sometimes if I have an extra moment because it'll give me ideas of what I could be eating or snacking on. Plus if they're kicking *kitten* in the weight loss dept, sometimes it's fun to see what they're eating
  • val95kb
    val95kb Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Great for food ideas, and sometimes it's just funny...Question: "Why am I not losing Weight?" ANswer: "Because you ate 2 pizzas today"

Love it!
  • leopardjunkie
    Options
    yes if you are looking to help or learn :)
  • mmmichelle2386
    mmmichelle2386 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I read them before I comment on them. I won't write "great day!" just because someone is under their calories. I don't pick people's days apart either though. We are all human and don't eat perfectly every day, but if you post something asking why you aren't losing, and your diary is full of processed foods, then I will private message and try to help. But I do read all of my friends' diaries everyday, so I can comment in a way that will help with their success.
  • hollietkac
    hollietkac Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I look at them but it seems like most of my MFP friends don't eat clean. By that I mean whole foods. The majority of what I see is processed foods. So I don't really get ideas but I get motivated to continue with my current diet which is mostly very "clean."

Also, I alternate between having my diary viewable and not, and when it is I feel more motivated to make sure I have a great day because I don't want people to see me eat crappy!
  • fithealthygirl
    fithealthygirl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    If I read someone's success story, I find myself wondering exactly what they did to reach their goal weight, like what they ate every day and what kind of exercise routine they followed, especially if it's someone that has similar goals to me. Looking at other people's diaries gives me good idea of what I should be doing to achieve the same success.
  • marine71
    Options

Love it!

:laugh:
  • Kadesha72
    Kadesha72 Posts: 109 Member
    Options

I totally saw something like that recently.... LOL
  • marine71
    Options
    I think it helps you to walk the talk :-)
  • Abi_bug04
    Abi_bug04 Posts: 220
    Options
    I definitely love to get ideas from my friends' diaries.
    And, if I have been slacking, it puts things into perspective- and motivates me to eat better (in fear that they might be looking at mine as well) - It keeps me accountable!

:)
  • Kadesha72
    Kadesha72 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I don't have a load of friends yet, but I have noticed one that has her diary public, and she's only eating (according to the diary) like 600 a day.... I'm trying so hard not to comment about how she's starving herself... so I've stopped looking at hers. LOL
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I look at them sometimes but it's really more because I'm nosy than for motivation.
  • Angela7zFit
    Angela7zFit Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Why not look. I like to get ideas on what others are eating. If they don't want you to look it would be blocked. I am not obessed by it just curious at times especially if they are dropping quickly. The journal is only as good or as honest as you are.
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I do just to see what other people are doing. Maybe they have something tasty I haven't tried listed.
  • Abi_bug04
    Abi_bug04 Posts: 220
    Options
    I look at them sometimes but it's really more because I'm nosy than for motivation.

^ On top of the other reasons, this too!
  • rvicini
    rvicini Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I enjoy commenting on dairies and I believe your "Great Day" message is not an empty one. Beside, there are fantaastic food ideas!