Best pedometers you have used?

Options

Replies

• jessmarie1023
    jessmarie1023 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit as well. I love it. It also connects to your myfitnesspal account! It calculates stairs, steps, and sleep!
  • Nighttimeninja
    Options
    It is! Very slim and tiny, fits comfortably in my pocket and stays put while I unload trailers, bending and lifting and walking all night!
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Love my Fitbit one. Just got it last Saturday. I have it linked to MFP. It is great and very, very motivating!
  • kchang77
    kchang77 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    FITBIT. Have been using the ultra for a while now, love it. I am more upset when I forget it than when I forget my cell phone.
  • ladyluch99
    ladyluch99 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Fitbit, hands down!!!
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    One more vote for the Fitbit One. I got it for Christmas. I love it.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I've got a Striiv. I love it. It's designed to be addictive and make you walk more - there's challenges, races, donations, and a game. It works on me =P The only downside to it is that in some situations it can be up to 5% inaccurate (based on me counting my steps vs. what it counts), but it usually does a good job.
  • aleeciafryer
    Options
    I am using the Onoron HJ113 (it's the next generation from the Onron HJ112.) It's reasonable priced. I got mine at Academy for $25.00. http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/omron-hj113.html
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Love my Fitbit Ultra. Dh also had an Ultra, but, lost his less than 2 months after getting it. We are SICK about it, especially since the Ultras are discontinued. We loved being twinsies, LOL. It was so fun with us both having one. He may ultimately end up with a Fitbit One. It definitely motivates us to MOVE. We love it.

Marie
  • neenaof4
    neenaof4 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    But what about when you are riding a bike -- does the fit bit work for that? Or swimming?? I would like something that will track EVERYTHING I do.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    But what about when you are riding a bike -- does the fit bit work for that? Or swimming?? I would like something that will track EVERYTHING I do.

I don't know if that exists! I do know that there is one for bicycles. I'll go do some searching and come back and tell you what I find.

Okay! That search yielded massive results. Here is one that looks good, but I cannot give a personal testimony as I have never used it.

http://www.amazon.com/Schwinn-SW654-6PK-20-Function-Computer/dp/B000DZD3FQ
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit ultra & love it
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit and I like it a lot but last week I started tracking with RunKeeper app and found out it’s 20% to 25% more accurate than Fitbit because RunKeeper is calculating with GPS and Fitbit is based off movement.

and Runkeeper will break into my music every 5 min to tell me my distance and pace, its sweet.
  • gvheintz
    gvheintz Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Include me in the Fitbit Fan Club!
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    FITBIT
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options

I'm not sure if anything can track swimming. You would just have to estimate your cardio. Fitbit can't get wet.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options

I'm not sure if anything can track swimming. You would just have to estimate your cardio. Fitbit can't get wet.

RunKeeper has a HRM you can buy for swimming, I don't have one so can't say if it works.
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • joeint
    joeint Posts: 31
    Options
    I have the strriv play it works with an iPhone app there are chalanges and a game you can play or not you can add friends and see how well there doing. If anyone has the striiv play and wants to be friends let me know over 10k steps today for me.
  • kchang77
    kchang77 Posts: 76 Member
    Options

Get a garmin forerunner 910xt.