"Grab n' go" breakfast suggestions?

Options

Replies

• Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Can anyone recommend something healthy for breakfast on the run. I don't always have time to sit down and eat something. My breakfast is usually something I grab and eat on my way in to work. Any suggestions?

Homemade fruit and veg smoothie - stick blender with its own lidded beaker so you can 'take out', defrosted frozen or canned produce for speed, just rinse the blade under the tap. Otherwise nuts, seeds, fresh and dried fruits.
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Boil eggs.

That's what I do most days! I usually boil five of them at the beginning of the week and take one everyday and I may eat a banana or slice of wheat on the side. Very fast and very easy to pack.
  • Lugi2
    Lugi2 Posts: 15
    Options
    I make breakfast muffins during the weekend for the next week :)
  • bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    my fav go-to:

Ezekial Bread - 7 Sprouted Grains, 1 slice
    Whole Foods - Fresh Ground Honey Roasted Peanut Butter
    Banana
    Celestial Seasonings-Morning Thunder - Herbal Black Tea
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I have posted this so much, but I'm doing it again, because it's YUMMY!!

Make egg "muffins"!! I make 12 at a time, they last me a week in the fridge, and I either nuke them and eat them on the drive to work or nuke them at work.

I put a slice of turkey deli meat in the bottom of a muffin tin and crack an egg in each one, then bake for 25 min at 350*F. If you like veggies in your eggs, scramble 10 eggs, add whatever veggies you like, and pour evenly into your muffin tin. I eat 2 every work-day morning! You can use whatever meat in the bottom you want, and some people put some whole wheat bread or english muffin in the bottom, too. And a sprinkle of cheese on top, if you want.

Have done it and my whole family loves it.. they eat two at a time .. lol

I'm going to give this a try. Thanks!
  • iampanda
    iampanda Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Make mini baked oatmeals ahead of time. You can find lots of recipes online, and you can customize them to what you like! Then just warm them up and go!
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I made these this week.. they're pretty darn tasty. They're homemade granola bars. I made mine in an 8x8 pan.. you'll look at a serving and go "WTF? No way that's filling." But I ate two for breakfast every day this week with a glass of milk and was full until lunch.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/06/low-fat-chewy-granola-bars-with-pecans.html
  • Kennkaru
    Kennkaru Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I buy a box of hearty cereal like Quaker Oatmeal Squares and divide it into single-serving ziplock bags with some Craisins and some nuts. Then I can just grab one and take it with me on mornings when I need to eat in the car.
  • timpicks
    timpicks Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Most mornings I eat homemade non-fat yogurt with flax seed, walnuts, cinnamon, and whatever fruit is on hand (berries are best though). You can make up a batch, toss in a paper cup, then grab 'n' go in the AM. I find that I am much less hungry mid-morning than I used to be when I ate a more carb-centric breakfast like oatmeal.
  • bi0nicw0man
    bi0nicw0man Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I often make a smoothie to drink in the car. Or toast a whole wheat English muffin and fill it with almond butter and sliced banana. I also keep packets of instant oatmeal at work, which I can quickly prepare and eat at my desk. I'll add nuts, banana, or nut butter to that to make it a little more interesting and filling.

I don't like any of the pre-packaged 'quick fixes'...almost everything is loaded with sugar or fake sugar.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    While I'm pretty big on making time to prepare, and sit down and enjoy your meals- if I oversleep or something breakfast is a piece of wholemeal bread with peanut butter, wrapped around a large banana and eaten while I'm heading out.
  • JennySwonke
    JennySwonke Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with granola
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions so far! Great ideas!
  • MissyGorman2012
    Options
    a couple Babybel cheese rounds. Good protein.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Granola and dried/fresh fruits (cherries, grapes... that sorta thing). Can easily toss it in a baggie and go.
  • Rebekah718
    Rebekah718 Posts: 134 Member
    Options

Make egg "muffins"!! I make 12 at a time, they last me a week in the fridge, and I either nuke them and eat them on the drive to work or nuke them at work.

I put a slice of turkey deli meat in the bottom of a muffin tin and crack an egg in each one, then bake for 25 min at 350*F. If you like veggies in your eggs, scramble 10 eggs, add whatever veggies you like, and pour evenly into your muffin tin. I eat 2 every work-day morning! You can use whatever meat in the bottom you want, and some people put some whole wheat bread or english muffin in the bottom, too. And a sprinkle of cheese on top, if you want
    These sound delicious I can't wait to try them.
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options

I put a slice of turkey deli meat in the bottom of a muffin tin and crack an egg in each one, then bake for 25 min at 350*F. If you like veggies in your eggs, scramble 10 eggs, add whatever veggies you like, and pour evenly into your muffin tin. I eat 2 every work-day morning! You can use whatever meat in the bottom you want, and some people put some whole wheat bread or english muffin in the bottom, too. And a sprinkle of cheese on top, if you want.

What a great idea! Thank you!
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options

I cant wait to try this one! Sounds really good and my kids will like it, too! :)
  • ecroke83
    Options
    Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It is what fuels you.

I am a big fan of Premier Protein Shakes. It is 30 g of protein, 160 calories, and only 1 carb.

They taste good and keep you full. You can always add a small apple or orange or something to go with it.
  • joseph9
    joseph9 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I was just signing on to recommend Premier Protein Shakes too! (I buy them at Costco). Easy, good NI, and very filling.