Avocados

Options
13»

Replies

• fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I love em. I use them on sandwiches (great on a BLT), wraps, cut them up with some tomato (lil salt n pepper) along side my eggs (eat this for breakfast, lunch and dinner) Avocados? All of them.. MINE!!!
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I just slice an avocado in half and eat it straight out of the skin! yum!
    I like to take them out of the skin, slice them, and salt the heck out of 'em, but with low blood pressure I don't really care about sodium.

mmmm delicious delicious sodium...
    03428 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Really good in sandwiches, or blended into a pasta sauce - use like you would cheese :)
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    mash up the avocado and mix with tuna instead of mayo. i put mine into a wrap, soooooo yummy! and better for you than mayo!
    This! I heard of someone else doing this, so I tried it. It's awesome! In fact, that's what I plan to have for dinner tonight. And it's a GREAT way to get protein since tuna is loaded with protein.
  • dan_IRL
    dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Avocado on toast is great! Whole wheat toast, spread 1/4 of the avocado on a slice, add a pinch of sea salt and cracked black pepper, maybe a little Cholula or Tapatio, second best way to eat toast there is.

(First best is whole wheat toast with a quick drizzle of olive oil, sea salt and cracked black pepper!)
  • Kathryn19246
    Options
    Faux Chocolate Mousse
    Makes 2 cups - FOUR servings

2 Medium Haas Avocados, peeled and pits removed
    8 large dates, soaked in water 15 minutes, pitted
    3 Tablespoons raw agave nectar (optional)
    1/2 cup raw carob powder
    1 teaspoon vanilla powder or vanilla flavoring
    1 teaspoon chickpea miso or 1/2 tsp. Celtic or Himalayan Sea Salt
    1 cup water

Place all ingredients in high-speed blender with tamper and run on high for about 30 seconds or until smooth. Add more water to reach desired consistency.
  • s_ireland1970
    s_ireland1970 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love to add avocados to scrambled eggs! Delicious combination!
    I also like to use it as a spread, and definitely love it with grilled chicken (like a chicken/avocado salad)! :)

And "bump" is just something people do to mark a certain thread so that it comes up on their profile- that way you can easily go back to it! (Kind of like a placeholder).
  • tmpayton
    tmpayton Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    bumping for later.
  • bunnyboo24
    bunnyboo24 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I eat them for breakfast or lunch on a bagel thin with a little cream cheese and salt. Delicious!
  • lhergenr
    lhergenr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I love guacamole as well. I saw on Pinterest a recipe for egg salad made with avocado instead of mayo. Looked pretty good and I hope to make it this weekend.
    I found a similar recipe but it includes mayo AND avocado. It's become one of my staple meals..Here it is..it serves 2-3. I half everything when I'm making it for just myself.

4 hard-boiled eggs
    1 large avocado, cubed
    2 tablespoons mayonnaise or Vegenaise (we used it b/c we don't love mayo)
    1 teaspoon curry or fenugreek powder
    Pinch of salt and pepper

You just mash everything together in a bowl and then put it on bread or a wrap, it's so good! I don't have curry or fenugreek powder so I just generously use salt and pepper and whatever other spice I feel like adding it. It's good with a little sriracha too!
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    In baking you can replace part of your butter with pureed avocado. It doesn't change the taste and makes a better texture.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    anything spicy with avocados is win.

i like to make chorizo & avocado tortilla wraps, or put avocado on my eggs in the morning with sriracha. i also make a primal tuna salad with tuna, romaine/spinach, shredded carrots, cilantro, lime and cubed avocados.

edited for misspelling (why does MFP think chorizo is a fake word but didn't tag a misspelled romaine??)