50 something young womem to share wisdom, or frustration?

Options
Thought I would there might be some 50 something women out there that would like to share some wisdom and frustration on life, weight issues, dieting, and fitness. Every little bit of wisdom helps. :tongue:

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    there are lots!! YOU CAN DO THIS!, anyone can add me!
  • dorothy1355
    Options
    New to this... how do I add you?
  • BonBonH56
    BonBonH56 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am new at this and excited about it! Feel free to add me. I would love to find a few buddies on here. I am a 56 year old woman from Ontario, Canada with a lot of weight to lose, and new found determination to lose it. :)
  • BonBonH56
    Options
    I don't know how to add either. ?
  • BonBonH56
    Options
    Click on the person's name and click on add as friend.
  • heiditracker
    heiditracker Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm new here also and you can add me.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I am only forty, but hopefully with age comes patience. I tried a couple of years ago and got frustrated because I can go for weeks without losing anything. This time, I am making a commitment to a new lifestyle, rather than a goal weight.

Also, I feel it in my body. At first I thought it was because we hadn't got much exercise over our vacation and I was bloated from spending so much time in the car, but three weeks in, my hips are still really tight and some mornings I can't touch my toes.
  • mrg0631
    Options
    Please feel free to add me.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Word of advice is to add a short message when you send out a friend request. It is greatly appreciated by most people receiving it :flowerforyou:
  • NEGU0128
    Options
    You can add me. I am on the down side of the 50's. I like having friends my age to talk to and help.
  • dorothy1355
    Options
    Okay so I received some takers, great! So I would like to open a discussion about how we can embrass getting older and aging. My goal and desire to achieve is: I want to welcome it, I want to almost enjoy it and be excited that in 2 years I will be 60! I want to look in the mirror and love what I see. I want to love the face that looks back that says, happy, healthy, experienced in life. I am starting that journey and want to share the how to's, the pit falls to stay away from so we don't fall back. We 50 something year old women need to claim our spot in life, with our grown children, daughters, sons, their spouses, grandchildren, friends, bosses, co workers. We are here! We have no fear!

(just a rant I needed to express) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • BonBonH56
    Options
    Amen. Well said. I am in.
  • NEGU0128
    Options
    Ok, you are scaring me15.gif ....so I guess having no fear is out for me! LOL

I totally agree with you. At our age we understand a lot of things that others don't. We just have never used our skills to our advantage. Now is the time to use them and go places we never thought we could!
  • wisconsinboogie
    wisconsinboogie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I hear ya, coming from a 50 something, who is suddenly not liking it....feel free to friend me!!
  • 2muchchocncrisps
    2muchchocncrisps Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Me too please!
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    50 something here too. I agree let's take life on, and show no fear. To steal a line "I Am Woman Hear Me Roar". Feel free to add me.
  • erd1954
    erd1954 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have been off MFP for a month and I am re-commiting to track food and excercise to reach my goal of 140#. Started at 180 and am currently 156. I am 58 yo.
  • NEGU0128
    Options
    Anyone that wants support go ahead and add me as a friend, I will accept as long as I know you are at least 50...I can't keep up with anyone younger than that anymore...LOL
  • swilson133
    Options
    Count me in, too. I'm 55 and this is my second week at this. Could definitely use some "pals" to help keep me motivated and to share diet and exercise tips. Also, some "technology" advice, because I'm not sure if I'm doing all of this right!:blushing:
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    My advice is to never use your age as an excuse to not be the best you have ever been. Oh, and read this thread for inspiration.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/849393-any-success-stories-and-pics-of-women-over-50