Fruits and Vegtables

Options
I feel like lately I am hungry a lot. Has anyone here been successful on the principles of Weight Watchers? I believe they let you eat all the fruits and vegtables you want. I am just feeling that 1200 calories is not a lot and trying to find a way to feel more satified. Thoughts?

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Increase your calories if you feel you aren't getting enough. I never understood why WW had "free" fruits and veggies since it can add a lot of untracked calories to your day which can make the difference between losing, maintaining and gaining.

Make sure you are eating a lot of lean protein and not a lot of processed foods. It will make your calories go further. Ensure you are drinking enough water, getting enough fiber and enough fat in your diet. All those things will help you feel fuller longer.

DOn't be afraid to increase your calories. For the majority of people 1200 is just far too low and doesn't allow for proper nutrients or hunger control.
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Not sure what to tell you. What ever your doing seems to be working based on your weight loss and your diary looks pretty good. Only suggestion would be to try and reduce your sugar. Lots of fruit means lots of sugar. I find that leaves me hungry.nnopt for protien I stead. That tends to keep me feeling full longer.
  • sjeannot
    sjeannot Posts: 143
    Options
    MY nutritionist told me that I should try to aim to for a 1200 calorie diet which I try to maintain.

It is not easy as I sometimes go over but some days I am under even with snacking. Protein is the one thing that will keep you full. I hardly eat rice, pasta and bread and have also been aiming for gluten free foods that do not contain wheat. Things that keep you full are oatmeal which is low in calories. I canhave it for breakfast and be full for a long time ithout even needing a snack. A nice lunch might be a salad with walnuts or almonds or a yellow squash or split pea soup and that should keep you full. Have a snack and eat an apple or lentil chips and then for dinner, you have something that can sustain you like tofu and vegetables or a smoothie with grinded flax seeds in it. Tea is also known for being able to sustain hunger.

Like I said, 1200 is not easy as like today, I am over my 1200 and do not feel guilty about it. Our body needs more sometimes depending on how hard you work out. I'll say, cut back. You do not have to do weight watchers to lose weight but if you do, it might actually help. Eating all the fruit you want might be good but so is eating all the food you want but with control. You can do anything you put your mind to and I believe in you and all of us on this site have your back so go get what you are seeking with total confidence and do not let go of your ground.

Take care and I hope that helped.
  • bellevie86
    bellevie86 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I agree, eat more. I Eat usually bout 1900 but burn off 400-500 a day with my program......However, I think it's more important to track your fruit than veg. To me veg (with no butter of course or anything else) is a freebie!
  • bellevie86
    bellevie86 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'll also note that at the beginning I started out with 1250 but was always hungry. I've lost 28 pounds and recently hit a plateau so I upped my calories and it got me movin along again!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I feel like lately I am hungry a lot. Has anyone here been successful on the principles of Weight Watchers? I believe they let you eat all the fruits and vegtables you want. I am just feeling that 1200 calories is not a lot and trying to find a way to feel more satified. Thoughts?

You probably should eat more. You are getting closer to your goal weight, you should set yourself to half a pound to 1 pound a week desired weight loss. Does that give you more calories to eat? Are you eating your exercise calories?
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    1200 is not enough calories, eat more. Add fruits and vegetables because they are good for you. :)

Try kale chips, they are a great snack that are nutrient rich.

Come visit my healthy cooking page on face book: https://www.facebook.com/TheSassyGourmet
  • lilteeraw
    lilteeraw Posts: 261
    Options
    increase your calories. try 1400. 200 extra calories might help a lot(:
  • ritasice21
    ritasice21 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You are very close to your goal. Assuming your goal is realistic, you should reduce your deficit. I would suggest gradually increasing your calories. I would find what your maintain calories will be at goal, and eat a few hundred under that. And since for 200 calories you can eat a crazy amount of veggies you should not be hungry anymore.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Why is your calorie goal so low? How much are you set to lose per week?