How much do you pay for a Trainer

Options
I am hitting a plateau and hopefully will start with a trainer next week. I am just not sure if she is expensive or not. $40 an hour is what she is charging me. I would like to know what you guys are paying???

Replies

• Umm89
    Umm89 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    wow i heard its expenssive in america but in morocco i pay 16 dollars per month!!!
  • BadAzzBea
    BadAzzBea Posts: 461
    Options
    Thats pretty good. I paid $55. hour
  • BadAzzBea
    BadAzzBea Posts: 461
    Options
    I will say its worth every single penny if hes a good trainer. I was lucky and came across the best trainer!
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I think that is a good price. I have found the average is about $50-65 per hour here from my research.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    $55/hour.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I pay around 50 dollars an hour for my trainer, and he is worth it.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I pay $15 a session. I think my trainer is selling herself short, but she says she does it because she loves it. She's working with me on weight training.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    That's actually pretty cheap.

That being said, I pay $15 - $20 per book when I decide to do a program other then something free online. When I had a trainer it was about $50 or $60 per hour.
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    That's not bad. I pay $50/hr, if I did small group it'd be $42.
  • zephyrhythm
    zephyrhythm Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    sounds reasonable to me - all of the trainers in this area charge $35 - $45 per session -
  • sweaterboots
    sweaterboots Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started with a trainer through my gym. I'm not sure where you're located, but I live in Georgia and I pay $20 a month for a gym membership. I went in asking about their trainers and programs, and got a free session with a trainer. He then sat me down, showed me monthly options, and I negotiated until I'm now paying $100 per month (including my membership). That includes one session per week and my normal membership benefits, along with all the nutrition advice and diet planning I want.

33985928.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    The trainer I would use if I could afford her is about $70 a session, unless you buy a 10 pack and then I think it's $53 a session? Something like that. She teaches a class at work and is really good.
  • stephaniecaine82
    stephaniecaine82 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thank you so much for the info! That all helps me a lot. I thought I was going to pay to much...but now $40 sounds good! I need it, so I will start next week!
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I think $40 an hr is reasonable.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    dude i need to get into the personal training business. ****.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    $40 is extremely reasonable. You could pay anywhere from 50-75 here in LA
  • mindbodystrength
    Options
    $40 per session is reasonable...if you have a good trainer. I charge $40 per session, and I'm worth it. :smokin:

:wink:
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Mine regularly charges $60/hour to come to MY HOUSE. But, I asked for a big package of sessions as a gift, which brought the per hour price down to $50.
  • Cathy7794
    Cathy7794 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    dude i need to get into the personal training business. ****.
    That's what I was just thinking, too!
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    70 an hour but that's LA for ya