Recipe of the Week (Everyone Post Their Favorite!)

Options
2»

Replies

• meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of an oldddd recipe of mine that I still use, although I've tweaked it over the years. No need for baking.
    Here's one of my versions:

Mex-I-Can Poached Eggs

Ingredients:
    1 large onion, chopped
    1 red bell pepper, chopped
    1-2 jalapenos, diced (depending on how spicy you like things)
    3 gloves garlic, minced
    1 tbsp ground cumin, or less to taste
    2 tsp ground coriander, or less to taste
    1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes (most of the juice drained), or 2-3 large tomatoes diced with juices
    1 cup of cooked, rinsed black beans (I use canned)
    1 cup frozen corn
    60 grams (2 servings) crumbled feta
    2 cups baby spinach, chopped
    1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (or to taste)
    4 large eggs

Spray the sauté pan with a little cooking spray, and on medium-high heat, add the onions, bell pepper and jalapeno peppers and stir often. Once they have softened, about 5 mins, add the garlic and sauté for another min. Add in the ground cumin and coriander and stir to coat, cook another 2 mins. Add the partially drained tomatoes and lower the heat to medium. Allow the mixture to simmer for 10 mins or so, until the tomatoes thicken. Add the black beans and corn to heat through, 2 mins. Add the feta, spinach and cilantro, and fold gently to combine. Create 4 small divets in the "stew" and fill each with one egg - use a ramekin to avoid breaking shells into the dish and try not to break any yolks! Cover tightly and let the eggs poach soft, until the whites are solid but the yolks are still runny, approximately 5-7 minutes. And then serve, with either a wrap, pita or just on it's own!

Sometimes I opt out of the beans and corn, add in other veg like broccoli slaw, green beans, or whatever else. Other times I add some shredded chicken. And often I leave the cheese out entirely. It's super easy and wonderfully comforting.
  • rebecca_florida
    rebecca_florida Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My favorite no-cook, 5 minute, 6 ingredient go-to meal is:

6 oz ahi tuna steak (use sushi grade since it's raw. I use the flash-frozen ones from Costco, thawed, and they are still fine too)
    1 haas avocado
    1 tsp toasted sesame oil
    1 tsp sesame seeds
    Soy sauce or kosher salt
    Sriracha hot sauce (optional)

Dice the raw tuna into smallish pieces. In a chilled bowl mix tuna with sesame oil, sesame seeds, soy sauce, and hot sauce (if desired). Halve the avocado, leaving the skin on, and remove the pit. Slice a sliver off the very bottom of each half so they sit flat on a plate. Sprinkle with a bit of salt then fill the two divots until they overflow with tuna deliciousness. Grab a spoon and enjoy!
  • Rateta
    Rateta Posts: 2
    Options
    passata is smoth sieved tomatoes.