Any fitness magazines you recommend?

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
I currently subscribe to fitness, shape, and women's health. Any other good ones you would suggest?

Thanks!

Lisa

Replies

• rseit29
    rseit29 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love Oxygen Magazine!!!! I use to subscribe to the other ones you subscribe too. Then a girlfriend of mine lent me a copy of her Oxygen magazine and now it's the only one I subscribe too! I love it! I hope this helps good luck with everything!!!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Self.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I like Shape and Fitness for their workouts.

I subscribe to my own eating plan, so I just ignore the parts of the magazine talking about how to eat. I will take a recipe and adapt to my way of eating if the recipe looks good.
  • sarahkatie28
    Options
    Oxygen is the best!!!!!!:happy:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I really like Oxygen and Health. Oxygen is geared more toward fitness where IMHO Health has more lifestyle issues and food info.
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    For me, the ONLY fitness magazine is OnFitness. It can be a bit pricey, but it's worth every penny.

How did I learn about it? The wonderful Banks mentioned it in one of his posts. I checked it out and am now hooked. My hubby just purchased a 2-year subscription for me for my birthday. He's the best!
  • deeann1459
    deeann1459 Posts: 116
    Options
    I like Mens Fitness... Girl magazines just annoy me.

That, and I work with all guys... I am used to seeing the mens magazines lying around.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Muscle & Fitness Hers is good. I stopped my subscription to Shape because their "advice" just ticks me off.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Thanks for some of these great ideas. Most fitness magazines annoy me because I don't care about the latest trends in make-up or designer clothing. I want good nutrition and exercise ideas!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Muscle & Fitness Hers is good. I stopped my subscription to Shape because their "advice" just ticks me off.

That's exactly why I stopped subscribing to SELF. Ugh. I'm a grown woman not 14! LOL!
  • Junisahn
    Junisahn Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I can't stand general fitness magazines because the bodies they show are not necessarily fit. Many of the ads show apparently starving women, and even most of the articles feature bodies that are unattainable for my particular build and priorities.

Instead, my family subscribes to 2 magazines that are more specific to activities, rather than overall fitness. One is Yoga Journal (which still has the unattainable bodies, but at least is very detailed about an activity I love, and not just a general "10 ways to slim your stomach"). The other one we get is "Dirt Rag" - all about mountain biking.

Just my preference...
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Runners World is my favorite...followed by Running Times and also Fitness RX for Women. Fitness RX quotes alot from Journals so you know they are study based. Give them a try!!

I use to like Fitness and Shape (and I still suscribe) but after reading the above, I feel that these two magazines are kinda silly. (My opinion ONLY) But I would suggest that you read whatever motivates and inspires you. Everyone has a different goal. Good luck on your goals!!