Feedback needed for dinner plan

Options
I've come up with a dinner plan for the next week and a half. Almost everything in my meals are going to be home made, with limited store bought items. My goal is to eat less packaged food and have the meals be healthier. The dinners double for left over lunches the next day.

When I cook at home I try not to use butter or oil either.

Am I on the right track? Are there substitutions for things that are on my menu that's a healthier option?

Thanks!

Monday- home made beef stew with home made drop biscuits

Tues-Thurs- not at home for dinner

Friday- grilled peaches with balsamic vinaigrette roasted pork tenderloin

Sat- Vegetarian enchiladas with home made corn tortillas

Sun- Humus sandwiches with feta cheese and cumbers (bread is lower cal bread) with roasted broccoli

Mon- store bought spaghetti with store bought sauce with vegetables sauteed into the sauce

Tues- pot roast with roasted vegetables

Wed- pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon (breakfast for dinner)

Thurs- beef stroganoff (made with left over pot roast and using greek yogurt instead of sour cream)

Replies

• xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Ooo... homemade tortillas! Nice!

I think these all look really tasty--especially the grilled peaches with balsamic and pork tenderloin, I've gotta try that one--and they all seem like nice, balanced meals. Kudos for adding veggies into store bought tomato sauce! I think it goes without saying that if you could somehow tweak the pancake recipe to be whole wheat (if it isn't already) and use ham or turkey bacon rather than "real" bacon your breakfast-dinner would be a bit healthier, but otherwise it all looks good...
  • uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    I think it goes without saying that if you could somehow tweak the pancake recipe to be whole wheat (if it isn't already) and use ham or turkey bacon rather than "real" bacon your breakfast-dinner would be a bit healthier, but otherwise it all looks good...

Sorry, I forgot to mention that they're whole wheat with ground flax pancakes.

I'm using leftover bacon I have in the freezer, but I'll get turkey next time.

Thanks!